Author Topic: Finally.....  (Read 18078 times)

Byronmaui

Re: Finally.....
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »
Randy are you in the phone business? If so I know you.

Aloha

Byron

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »
You are talkin' about the big Rand-O.  He is a great guy, but is not me.  Actually, there are two Randy's and two Randall's that stand up over here.  Pales in comparison to the five Eddies (no joke).

Best,
Randy

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 09:14:36 AM »
Howzit Tony,
Took this yesterday.   We are starting to have some boards, paddles, shirts, stickers, pads etc...

We are located at:

1034 Kilani Ave in Wahiawa
Kilani Business Center Unit #105.    We are open off and on for now...   Our main bulk of boards are arriving in a couple weeks or so and a couple weeks after that for our CA Distribution Hub...    If anyone from the SUZone wants to meet in our showroom before we open PM me....   Any members of the SUZone will get a discount on Paddle Surf Hawaii products....
Aloha,
Blane Chambers

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

All these new shapes and only a short shuttle away, this is bad news for a struggling addict.  I am a serial purchaser not a collector.  Perhaps this is just a rationalization so that I do not have to admit that I have a problem.  Hope to see you (and your new boards) soon.

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Looks GREAT Blane......congrats!

I had the privilege of meeting Blane at the shop a couples times recently. It was pretty empty then and the second time I left with a BEAUTIFUL 10’4”. At that time there was only a handful of boards and other the mine, I think the rest were already sold. Glad to see you finally got a new shipment in. Although, I doubt they will last very long!

Thanks again bruddah! I absolutely LOVE my board!!

Blane Chambers

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »
Glad you like the board Bill!      One thing this business does is hook me up with great people like you....
Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

Tony DaKine

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »
Looks GREAT Blane......congrats!

I had the privilege of meeting Blane at the shop a couples times recently. It was pretty empty then and the second time I left with a BEAUTIFUL 10’4”. At that time there was only a handful of boards and other the mine, I think the rest were already sold. Glad to see you finally got a new shipment in. Although, I doubt they will last very long!

Thanks again bruddah! I absolutely LOVE my board!!

I want to second Bill's words. Mahalo to Blane for taking time out of your day to meet me at your shop (that's not even open yet).  Mahalo for all the knowledge you passed on and for helping me come up with a custom shape. I have no doubt I'll be stoked on the final product. I feel priviledged to live in Hawaii with guys like you that have so much aloha spirit.

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »
Howzit Blane.
Let me know when the shop is stocked. We'll run an article and get some photos of the goods.
Much Aloha,
Nate
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

Blane Chambers

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »

As of today, we have some boards in stock.    We only have a small portion of what's in the pipeline so we can't get boards sold anywhere else but out of our own humble little office in Wahiawa...   Soon things are going to change and we'll have much more available...   

For now, anyone can call Austin @ (808) 222-4663  for hand glassed epoxy performance boards.   Mention you're from the Stand Up Zone and he'll give you a great deal...   

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aloha,
Blane Chambers

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

supguam

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 03:22:46 AM »
Blane nice boards..i like to get a hold of 8'8"someday..keep up the good work!!!

pete

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 04:25:23 AM »
Hi Blane, I have sent you a PM reference boards  :)
Cheers

Pete

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »
Congrats on the new space.  The boards look great.  I remember the bittersweet time when our business outgrew the garage.  I am too afraid of my current "garage" (a converted shed) to even go in it most of the time, let alone store any items of value in it.  I haven't consulted Guinness, but I am fairly certain that we have the world's largest centipede population (both in bug size and crawlers per square foot). 
Aloha,
Chan

I'd put Ponohouse's centipedes up against anywhere else for size. We gave up on being all natural when they started mixing their own Mai Tai's. Now we have Terminex nuke the heck out of them so when you see one it's at least dizzy.

I hate to say this Blaine, but the best days in a biz are when it's in the garage. You make more money with less work. Even Hewlett and Packard said that: "stay in the garage as long as possible". Once you start adding people you head down a whole new path that mostly consists of managing people. Best advice I ever had was "don't grow your business past seven people" which I ignored of course. My partner Diane and I DID make a conscious decision to do so, because we wanted to play more, and we knew we could grow to the size that would enable that. When you get to fifteen you start having meetings. When you get to 100 all you do is have meetings.

Keep having fun.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Blane Chambers

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »
I still work out of my garage.    I have the office/showroom so people have somewhere to go other than my house and the people I hire have somewhere to work other than in my garage with me.       Not that I don't like people stopping by to say hi or buy a board but it puts a strain on my family life and my neighbors with the cars parking all over the street etc.   

Best thing I ever did for Paddle Surf Hawaii is get that office and get some help.   Now I can get back to what I do best...   Build boards and test them out.       We have stoked out quite a few people in the last few days...     If we had more boards, we could have them in a few other other shops too.         Soon, soon....

Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

supguam

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 02:53:33 AM »
Blane got anymore photos of the 8'8" Guam boys want to see them..

Blane Chambers

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »
Supguam, I don't have any more pics but maybe Byron may have?

Another cool customer dropped by today.... He also mentioned Mark Richards is doing SUP surfing too!

supguam

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 02:55:54 AM »
Hey Blane thanks..the show room is  looking good with all those nice toys

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 07:32:24 AM