Author Topic: Kalama Kamp - Hood River - Downwinding  (Read 1426 times)

bing

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kalama Kamp - Hood River - Downwinding
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:20 AM »
The Kalama Kamp I attended in Hood River was fantastic.  Dave Kalama is an incredible
teacher.  He is able to bring his knowledge of SUP and downwinding down to any level.  Brody Welte and John Denney also were great teachers.  We started with a day of basic paddling techniques and then the next day started the downwind runs.  It was fun getting to know all the folks who attended the kamp and hope to see you all again soon. I would recommend anyone who wants to learn proper technique for SUPing and downwinding, surfing, etc... to sign up for a Kalama Kamp.  Dave, Brody and John really make it a great time.

paddledaddy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kalama Kamp - Hood River - Downwinding
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »
Hi Bing. It was great meeting you and the others at Kalama Kamp. Hope to do it again some time.  After attending a few of these things I am always amazed by 1) How much more there is to learn from Dave, 2) How everyone gets along so well. (Lots of cool people, some with little experience and some with a lot), 3) How much fun I always have.

A couple of highlights for me this time were: 1) meeting PonoBill and trying out his SIC Bullet in the lagoon. (If it were not for his prolific blogging back in 2006 I may never have tried standup paddling or at least never have gotten so far into it). 2) Another highlight was paddling in the Gorge with Dave, John, Brody, and the gang. Man that place was fun. About halfway into my first Viento run I really got the hang of it and had some awesome glides. And those 3 know how to get everyone to have fun.

I didn't take any pictures. Just stayed in the moment. So if anyone has pictures I would love to see them here or by email. Bula.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal