Author Topic: 9'11'' Ripper  (Read 4882 times)

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
9'11'' Ripper
« on: June 29, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »
Is in my hands  ;D Ok I have not read to much about these boards so heres my two cents after a few days. Coming off the 9'6'' WAA the 9'11'' seems to have just as much float (to me at 195lbs) and maybe a bit more glide than my WAA. I have only had it out in some small beach break but the thing feels like a short board with the quad setup very fast and responsive I am dying for a real swell now and may have to do a major road trip!

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 9'11'' Ripper
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
any idea what the volume on that board is Terry? Looks like a sick board.

rpmooreii

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
I have one of those as well... awesome board.  Volume is 145L per PSH.

...Roger

WaterDog

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
Looking at getting one for my wife, very nice boards - however I've heard of people getting pressure dents from where you stand.  Did you guys have any issues like that?  Thanks.

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
I got heal dents already after today,and only the 2nd sesh. will see how it progresses ,But we got some fun little surf today and I love it so far

VB

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
I have had my progressive series 9'2 WR for 7 months and have no pressure dings.  Very sweet board.

rpmooreii

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
No dings on mine yet.  I am 6'1"/195.

banzai

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
There have already been posts about the dents on the deck. I even cracked the glass while hitting the lip on a close out section on a sizable wave that I didn't think was that much pressure (done it before on the old molded 9'3" ripper). These Progressive series boards won't compare to the older models for durability however what they can do in the SURF is SICK! They are made to push your surfing to the limit.

jd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »
Dents on the deck are no big deal.  I have one of these boards.  I'm 225 lbs and there is some mild denting where you stand.  Pressure dents have no effect on the board.  All surfboards get them, especially on the deck.

I'm not sure what everyone keeps harping about with the deck dents.  I think it must be people who never owned a surfboard before and now they are wondering why their surfboard has a dent in it.

Southbay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
I have never had a surfboard without pressure dings on the deck!?!  It's ok...

Southbay

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »
Figure Id add my 2 cents as well here.Im 225lbs ,and must say the 9'11" when on the wave rips round house cutbacks,tailslide slashes,power carves the thing is on the money,luv it! Paddling with my weight is pretty good,pretty stable(but not great) for me,can handle little chop,but if i had it my way Id increase the thickness to 4 1/2 plus and a tad more volume in the tail and you would have the ultimate HW ripper board IMO,This would really enhance it's stability/paddling for myself.the wave riding characteristics of the board make up for the missing volume for us HWts.yeah I have the heel/ foot compression indents that everyones talking about too,and they are pretty pronounced due to my weight,however does'nt really bother me as they have not delamed yet!and do not effect the way it rides,kinda a pissoff for the price they cost,should be of better quality sure,but Oh well I try not to dwell on it.bottom line a super rippable board even for big guys,but like any board could be better with a few tweaks!
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

WaterDog

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
Thanks for the update - good info - think I'm going to go ahead and take the plung and get one... just have to convince the wife.   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal