Author Topic: How many of us are there?  (Read 15480 times)

Big Island Mike

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: How many of us are there?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
I have seen 6 or 8 more new SUP'ers (theres a new phrase) in Kona in this one week alone, more than there were all last year.

I sold about 11 JL boards and 7-8 SOS last year, set up a supplier who sold about about 22 of them so far (many went to resort beach clubs). I know Leleo is selling some of PSH and Angulo. Seems like everyday I see someone with a SUB on the top of their car, and I say "who is that...?"

So, we may be at least 30-35+ now on the Big Island, Kona side (don't know about Hilo).

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 07:01:43 PM »
Hey alap,

The Tofino site that I check for conditions and other amusing anecdotes is the Long Beach Surf Shop Tofino blog. The post was a few weeks back now. It was also directed at kayak surfers (is that what they are called?). I was there over Thanksgiving and I didn't see anyone SUPing but I did see a kayaker, but s/he wasn't in anyone's way.

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »
Hey alap, I found the entry for you:

http://longbeachsurfshop.com/tofinoblog/?p=1324

alap

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
princess, yes there are some kayakers... saw one SUP guy once... as I said I had no issues, if anything, just friendly interest. But as I say I avoid crowds.
BTW I was there the whole week before Thanksgiving, had a great time.

Honolii

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 05:15:38 PM »
Hilo side on the Big Island I can count 9 regulars(surfers) the past year. Been seeing more cruisers in the Bay recently, not much , just 2-3. Down south in Puna, I haven't been in awhile. I do know of a couple guys with boards on order.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal