Author Topic: Sunset Steinlager Video  (Read 3175 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Sunset Steinlager Video
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »
Here is some footage I shot at the event this weekend.  Two sequences with a little fade break between the songs.  A little surfing first, and then some standup.

Copy the link below into your browser URL bar to see the full size Vimeo version, or better yet, download the hi def Quicktime version at the bottom right of the page when you get to the vimeo site. 

Code: [Select]
http://vimeo.com/877869
Best,
Randy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:32:37 PM by Admin »

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
Re: Sunset Steinlager Video
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:47:15 AM »
Well done! Rough SUP-surfing is more difficult than it seems.

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 06:02:47 AM »
Great vids!  Whoa.  It looked like you guys had your hands full at the contest.  Can't wait to be back home this summer! :D

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »
Great vids!  Whoa.  It looked like you guys had your hands full at the contest.

As a spectator, I got to hear plenty of comments from the guys leaving the water.  A bunch said that it was tricky just to get the wave minimum, and one top pro joked, "I hope I got 3rd" (cracking about not want to go back out for another heat).  Saw 3 broken boards in the few hours we were there.  Props to those that enetered!

Blane Chambers

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 08:30:24 AM »
Hee hee hee....   Thanks for posting that...  I was getting the blow by blow all day long from a variety of people and I'd always ask, "Did the waves get any better?"  The answer was always no.      My decision to not go was the right one for me! ;D

I made a vow this year to be selective in the events I enter because I suck in contests!   Ha ha!     I always surf like crap or when I surf good I'm lacking the wave count.       If I'm gonna sit there all day waiting for heats, the waves better be really good!   Yes, I am SPOILED!

Next event is at Flies.   For spectators, this is a great contest because you watch it from a perfect vantage point.     Its actually a pretty fun little wave too.     Usually clean, and it rolls in fairly nice....  One of those waves you can kinda fade back and forth through sections...  C'mon big south swell!!!  ;)   

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »
I made a vow this year to be selective in the events I enter because I suck in contests!

Hah!  I doubt it.

We took our advice from the Monk Seal:  Good day to warm yourself on the beach.  I give major credit to Val, who had not paid yet, showed up, saw the rainy windy mess, and still entered.  Is that you on the final left in the second sequence Val?   Yeahhhhh!

val

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
Hey thanks for posting the vid!

Yeah that was me getting hammered on the left, you know it's bad when the left looks more manageble than the right at Sunset...  I had fun though...  like Blane, i suck at contests (never really did any), but i figure entering a few of these is a good incentive for me to push myself to improve...  and learn something new...  hopefully one of these times I can make a heat!   

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:03:43 AM »
like Blane, i suck at contests

No way.

Here is a still of you charging that left, and of Nate (I think) on a right.  You guys ripped it!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 09:56:01 AM »
Admin,

Any idea why photos don't always display when viewing using "show recent posts"?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
Admin,

Any idea why photos don't always display when viewing using "show recent posts"?

Yes, the way the new forum software is set up, it now allows direct user upload of attachment files (including photos) into a post by clicking "Additional Options" when posting.  That is the good news.  The bad news is that it treats them as "post footer" information which, along with signatures, etc, does not get included by default into the view recent posts option.  So we get a situation where, when using the View Recent Posts Option, linked photos show up, and attached photos do not.  I am working to correct this so all footer info will show.

A temporary workaround is to click the post title, and you will see the original thread, including photos.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
Just got word from the forum software guys that modifying the Recent Post function is a no go.  I wish I had a better answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal