Author Topic: Starboard 7'11" or Pro  (Read 2659 times)

CR SUP ER

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Starboard 7'11" or Pro
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:13 AM »
Hi I am new to this forum. I have been SUP surfing for around 6 months. I been surfing a Starboard Pocket Rocket and love it. Because of my weight 160lb and ability level I am considering a new board. I am having trouble deciding between a Starboard 7'11" or Pro 8.5ft. Right now I am leaning to the 7'11" but I just would like someones input.
Thanks

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Starboard 7'11" or Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:56:40 AM »
I have been using a Starboard 7'11 this winter. I am 190lbs and the float of this board is amazing.  I have been out in mostly knee to stomach high clean waves and cannot say enough things about this board.  Because of it being so light (carbon version) and the small size of it you can snap this board so tightly.  Very smooth and catches waves easier than I expected with such a small board and my size. 

Its not for any distance paddling (at least for me) but getting in and out of shorebreak is not a problem.  Current fin setup is a 2+1 with the center being a TK Flex which works great for this board. 

This board for my size has been mostly for mushy clean Florida conditions.  Anything bigger than stomach or with some power I am on my PSH 8'6.  But for the right conditions this board it great, especially in the Carbon Construction which is the main reason I wanted to try it. Also have not had any problems without using a padded deck and the traction is fine. But I do have a Dakine tailpad for foot placement. The carbon is well worth the price.

CR SUP ER

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:06:01 AM »
My pocket rocket is carbon as well and I love it. I feel I am just ready for a board with a little more performance for bigger waves. I am not sure if the Star board Pro might be better because of the shape.
Thanks
Gregg

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »
bigger waves your gonna want the pro. the new version of the pro is a lot different then the pocket rocket. snappier and faster then pr.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal