Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 1144 times)

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Where to go?
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
So I'm overdue taking the family on a tropical vacation and want to mix in a serious dose of SUP while I'm at it.  My wife and I both SUP, surf, mountain bike, hike, and kayak.  Kids are small but active in the ocean and around it.  I'd love to mix in as many activities as possible as well as sit in the sun and do nothing from time to time.

So I'm looking for some place tropical and warm, caters to families, has lots to do, and doesn't necessarily require a rental car if possible.  So I'd prefer it to be somewhat accessible without having to change planes a ton of times and/or get a ride in from the airport.  I've sent a PM to Shawn at Pilon to ask about his place since it seems to be so well loved by many here, but I know that the Pavones area can be a bit of a bitch to get to!  I've been to Costa Rica a few times, but never that area.  I'm totally open to just about anywhere, though I love Central America.  I'm definitely open to Hawaii and even the Caribbean though from CA it's a pretty long haul.

Also, we may bring along the in-laws or even another family.  So our party may be up to 10 people, all of which are extremely easy-going and don't demand 5 star accommodations by any means, just comfy.  Most of the folks that would travel with us would want to try out a board and at the very minimum go out in some flat water.  Waves don't have to be epic by any means, just fun and warm so I could play.  Perfect for my wife is chest high and mushy but I'm good on an SUP up to about double overhead.

I know it's a tall order here, but I would love to hear some recommendations from the group as to where to go.  Thanks a ton!

Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal