Author Topic: What do you do when you can't SUP?  (Read 6497 times)

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
What do you do when you can't SUP?
« on: March 19, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »
Everyday I have off I SUP, or at least try.  But in the wintertime I still snowboard.  Been riding for about 17 years and teaching at Stratton Vt for 13 years.  Its a nice crossover for my surfing/windsurfing and SUP.  Just wondering what else people do.  Here's a pic.

Kaweeka

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do when you can't SUP?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »
Off to Whistler on Friday - can't frigging wait to ride the great white wave again  8)  Suppose to get 10cm of fresh stuff on Sunday (I will not convert that to inches cause it just won't sound as good).  Aloha - David

P.S. - since getting the SUP I, well , just SUP  ;D

srfnff

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Srfnff
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Cross train with the Bowflex. Full body workout, upper and lower. Qi gong energy work exercises...dynamic stretching. Periodic hill climbing jogging for cardio. And of course when there's no SUP surfing, then SUP paddling.

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »
Off to Whistler on Friday - can't frigging wait to ride the great white wave again  8)  Suppose to get 10cm of fresh stuff on Sunday (I will not convert that to inches cause it just won't sound as good).  Aloha - David

P.S. - since getting the SUP I, well , just SUP  ;D

David, have a great time! If I remember from last time I was at Whistler......Bagel Bowl!

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 07:58:18 AM »
It takes a quiver to do that.

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »
Mtn Bike, Sex, Moto, Snowmobile, Snowboard, Kiteboard, whitewater kayak,etc...  Hey I live in Hood River or a van down by the river/ocean.
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
I stay with my family. I score good points with my wife. When i can Sup i can loose some points.  ;)

champcrow

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »
Go to the gym, play aussie rules footy and basketball...........oh yeah spend most of my time with my beautifull 2yr old daughter

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »
Hawaii: Sail my SUP board (wavesailing) windsurf, dive, fish, kayak, sail, ride dirt bikes
Portland: Race cars, restore cars, build stuff, ride motorcycles, paddle SUP board, windsurf, ski, Mtn bike, cook.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tonemike

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 01:27:32 AM »
i wanna be like ponobill when i grow up.

i've got young kids i chase around a lot.  love to fish.  i've got a sweet little welded aluminum boat for fishing and crabbing...i get to hang out with my kids and be on the water at the same time.  my oldest son started mt. biking with me last year and that's been great.  my middle son is autistic and he goes out to the lake with me a lot to paddle.  i gave him my old SUB, one of the old original windsurfers.  it's too cool how good he's getting at paddling.  though he kneels most of the time, we have a lot of fun and i couldn't be more proud of him.  he can't surf with me (yet), but the calmness of the lake allows for us to be out in the water together and that's pretty sweet!
-mike

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
When it's rough and medium, i take another paddle and i go for Sitting Paddle:

Click on the picture to enlarge.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
I can SUP almost anytime I'm not working...always a lake if the oceans too rough.

Others things I do...woodworking, landscaping, ski, fish, bike, time with family (always best if I can combine some of these with time with wife and kids).
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
Fight fire/take people to the hospital (for work). Work-out at the fire hall (we call it the "prison yard workout")  Race bicycles; road & mountain, trail run & snowboard @ Mount Baker where there is currently 185 inches at the lower lodge. (thats 470cm to you euro's) Mostly I dream about head high waves & SUP.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
...play with the cat.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

tonemike

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
Fight fire/take people to the hospital (for work). Work-out at the fire hall (we call it the "prison yard workout")  Race bicycles; road & mountain, trail run & snowboard @ Mount Baker where there is currently 185 inches at the lower lodge. (thats 470cm to you euro's) Mostly I dream about head high waves & SUP.

holy smokes great dane.  185 inches still.  i gotta get up to baker more often.  as i'm so close to steven's pass, i settle for some lame conditions...unlike you apparently. ;)
-mike

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal