Author Topic: Ku Ikaika Challenge (Just One Participants View)  (Read 16097 times)

Blane Chambers

Re: Ku Ikaika Challenge (Just One Participants View)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »
I didn't get to see every wave of the day but most were saying that was the biggest wave of the day that rolled through.   Not sure though.    I know for sure it had to be one of the biggest sets of the day because it lit up the outer reefs on the way in like no others...   Even though I got creamed, I'm happy I got that one.   The thrill factor was nice...

Blane Chambers

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »
good story blane and congrats on getting some nice waves...  funny side story, a few months ago aaron called me about my old PSH I was selling on craigslist...  he'd been borrowing boards and was looking to get his own...  my board was great but pretty beat so I told him it probably wouldn't be the best for him...  anyhow, we talked awhile and (since I knew a bit about his surf rep) I suggested he just get a sponsor...  he was so humble and selfless, nahhh, don't want to ask anybody for that, just buy 'em... anyhow, maybe he earned that sponsorship after all...   

Yes, Aaron is very humble and full Hawaiian style.      Aaron has been charging big waves from a long time ago.     Before I found out he was even considering doing stand up in the surf he was only dabbling in it.    Even when he finally came in to buy a board it was only something he would be doing on occasion...        When he came in I gave him a very good deal and he was so stoked he gave me more money than I charged him!    I told him no way, but he insisted.   He definetly earned a sponsorship!      He came in to drop off the contest board while picking up another board so I tried to slip him all the money back for the first one and he wouldn't take it!    The money ended up on the floor.  Hahahaha!!   The guy is unreal.    I'm honored to have him as a friend.      An awesome guy all around.

We are working on some open ocean stuff.   All prototypes at this point and if they are as good or better than what's out there he will race them...     

Some pictures of Makaha...   From Allen Mozo

From Bruno Lemos

We have Aarons board hanging on the wall in our showroom.   This is a historical board!   

Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
Those are some sick pictures of Arron in the contest!  That's cool that you have the board on display in your shop Blane!  Keep building them and we'll keep buying em!!!

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 11:36:59 AM »
I will be getting one soon. Will wait for the production 10-6 to come out.. Thanks Blane and PSH Keep the stories and adventures comming. 
   ''I have to feed the need.'''.. ....  Mahalo
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »
They just posted the 3rd part of the Ku Ikaika Challenge on You tube  w/ Arron's final heat and rides. All the Stand Up contestants scored great waves, great rides and great footage.. Enjoy   

8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal