Author Topic: SUP paddles  (Read 1370 times)

wimpy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
SUP paddles
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »
I'm a new flatwater SUP rider with several disc surgeries under my belt. Twisting is to be avoided so i have to keep my upper body quiet, which i understand is not the ideal technique and may result in shoulder discomfort...any tips?...smaller paddle?..how small?  I took delivery of my 1st board, and 11'6" Nalu, 2 weeks after 4th disc surgery. anytips...comments?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SUP paddles
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »
Kialoa Methane.. Werner Nitro.. the new 8" Naish.. or what ever your local shop sells that's similar to these paddles in blade size.. and keep your paddle long (at least 10-12" overhead).. anyway.. That's what I reckon..  :)

DJ
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:10:38 PM by DavidJohn »

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP paddles
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46:47 PM »
I'm a new flatwater SUP rider with several disc surgeries under my belt. Twisting is to be avoided so i have to keep my upper body quiet, which i understand is not the ideal technique and may result in shoulder discomfort...any tips?...smaller paddle?..how small?  I took delivery of my 1st board, and 11'6" Nalu, 2 weeks after 4th disc surgery. anytips...comments?

yeah..I think the above advice is good. Also consider the flex in the paddle. If you have to paddle as described, maybe have a paddle with some flex in it..is if you get the kialoa, do not get the oval shaft. Also make sure you get a full carbon, it is much lighter, and that is something that matters when your sessions get longer.

The 11'6'' was my first board as well...super good beginner board.

In anycase,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal