Author Topic: Forum virgin: Starboard Blend or Pin as a second board / family board  (Read 2064 times)

windboy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Alert: Newbie from New Zealand, please be gentle...

Hi All,

I'm very impressed with the quality of the information you can find in Stand-up-zone, so looking forward to you feedback...!

I have recently got myself a Mana 9' which seems to be the perfect board for me in the surf.  I've had a Starboard Blend which works perfectly for flat water and longboard style surfing.  I also use it with my family taking the kids for long flat water paddles and even windsurfing with my older boy.

In an ideal world I'd buy a starboard pin for flatwater but truly couldn't afford owning 3 SUPs (in addition to 4 windsurfers and a short surfboard).

Here comes the question: Aside from windsurfing, would the pin be a good replacement for the blend as a flatwater/family board?  how would it behave with a 4 y/o fellow sitting by your feet?

Cheers,

Windboy.
Cheers,

Windboy.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Forum virgin: Starboard Blend or Pin as a second board / family board
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
The Pin is a great flat water board.
Fairly quick (faster than the Blend) and nice and stable for taking the kids along - it is 30" wide and does have a fair amount of volume.
Won't surf well though.
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum virgin: Starboard Blend or Pin as a second board / family board
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
Check out the Fanatic FLY's or the Naish Glides Whichever is available in NZ

JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal