Author Topic: Plastic Buckles  (Read 6046 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Plastic Buckles
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2022, 05:52:50 AM »
As always, NSI pays close attention to issues with their gear and makes improvements. I'm a huge fan. So yes, they've replaced the failure-prone plastic side release buckles with a much stouter buckle. It's still plastic, but it looks like it should hold up to abuse far better than the familiar side release. If you're ever in Hood River try to get a tour of their facility. It's a little tougher now post Covid, but worth the effort. How they make so many excellent products in such a small facility with so few people is a mystery to me. My workshop is much bigger and I don't make anything other than personal projects. As far as I know the majority, if not all of their products are made on-site.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JohnnyTsunami

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2022, 04:13:45 PM »
It's an "older" one. Things age fast in this sport! It's an actual buckle that clips together, not just the place for the webbing to turn like they have now. One of the two tongs on the clip broke.

tj_boof

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 05:08:14 AM »
gotcha, thanks for the info.

It's an "older" one. Things age fast in this sport! It's an actual buckle that clips together, not just the place for the webbing to turn like they have now. One of the two tongs on the clip broke.

radair

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 06:29:01 AM »
I had the local gear doc replace the plastic buckle on my NSI Minimalist harness with an aluminum buckle from a rock climbing harness. Bombproof. I've had a wing leash attachment break on a big day and no way I want to repeat that if possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal