Author Topic: Karma  (Read 1724 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
I had a fairly forgettable sunrise morning out SUP foiling at my local yesterday - except for one remarkable moment.

Its a beach break, but this morning I found a peak that was breaking fairly repeatable on the sets.  This peak had just 3 other people hanging around roughly the same spot.  I'm sitting on the board relaxing waiting on a set when I notice something floating a few hundred yards further from shore - turns out to be some mostly deflated helium balloons.   So I decided to paddle out and go grab them, which I like to do whenever I see trash in the water.  I have a spot in my wetsuit that I stash trash during a session until I can bring it to shore.

So I spent a few moments sitting on my board deflating the balloons and wrapping up the ribbon to stash in my wetsuit.  Literally the moment I gathered my paddle and stood up, here comes a single massive wave that is coming right to me.  Mind you, this is more than a hundred yards outside the normal set wave takeoff zone I was harvesting.  So I spin and grab it and ride it perfectly in the pit - breaking fast right to left all the way past on the outside of the next peak over, and right through the peak after that - with everyone hooting for me.  There literally wasn't another wave even close to that size and quality in the hour before or the hour after, and it was the only one in the set.  Nobody else could have possibly been in the right place for it - and given that it was a beach break it would have been impossible to know where to be for such a wave.

I think I believe in Karma now.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
So cool--glad you scored!

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 07:21:24 PM »
Awesome story 8)
in progress...

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »
Trashpickers get first pick of the set waves!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal