Author Topic: Slater Trout Million Dollar Mile  (Read 2572 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Slater Trout Million Dollar Mile
« on: August 05, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »
I first met Slater at the SUP board showcase we did as KeNalu SUP Magazine (the predecessor to the paddles) in 2007. He was just as impressive then at, I guess, 11 years old as he was doing this TV obstacle ninja show. He made the crazy obstacles look easy and smoked the opposition, winning the season. The only place I've found a highlights reel is Facebook. I'd watch the show but we killed our cable.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Slater Trout Million Dollar Mile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 12:15:49 PM »
I first met Slater at the SUP board showcase we did as KeNalu SUP Magazine (the predecessor to the paddles) in 2007. He was just as impressive then at, I guess, 11 years old as he was doing this TV obstacle ninja show. He made the crazy obstacles look easy and smoked the opposition, winning the season. The only place I've found a highlights reel is Facebook. I'd watch the show but we killed our cable.

You could find this show as a torrent download if you'd really like to watch it.
Good on you for cutting the cord though, only took you 15 years but better late than never :)
in progress...

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
Sweet.  I have the show on DVR but haven't watched it yet.  Not to spoil it for myself but did he win the Million dollars?

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »
He posted the whole video to his Instagram account. Great performance. He smoked his “defender” and showed the world how hard long distance paddle racers really are.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 10:27:38 PM »
He posted the whole video to his Instagram account. Great performance. He smoked his “defender” and showed the world how hard long distance paddle racers really are.

Thanks, Cowboy!  I watched it this evening.  For the first time it actually seemed like the Defender was somewhat outclassed with Slater being a professional athlete versus a former Army Green Beret that runs triathalons now.  Slater chose to take the $250K vs. go for the $1M prize.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
Slater chose to take the $250K vs. go for the $1M prize.

Few more times on that course and Slater wouldn't need the 2 minutes advantage.
You could see the big advantage in the technical know how of the course.
I think he made the right decision not to go for the 1M.
in progress...

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 07:41:16 AM »

Agree.  And I may be crazy but it seems that on two of the obstacles, Flies on the Wall and Bamboo Forest, the defender has a shorter course which would also make up for the 2 minute advantage...  E.g. on Flies on the wall, the competitor has to traverse the course to get to the rotating wall where it is a straight shot for the defender?

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »

Agree.  And I may be crazy but it seems that on two of the obstacles, Flies on the Wall and Bamboo Forest, the defender has a shorter course which would also make up for the 2 minute advantage...  E.g. on Flies on the wall, the competitor has to traverse the course to get to the rotating wall where it is a straight shot for the defender?

I think it's suppose to be random how the wall moves but who knows, it could be rigged.
As for the Bamboo Slater did take his time on one of those due to balance, that's why it
looked longer in comparison.
in progress...

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal