Author Topic: Shared Knowledge for beginners  (Read 2955 times)

ninja tuna

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Shared Knowledge for beginners
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 04:49:14 AM »
Admin,  I understand what you are saying about the trailing edge.  It is something  I have thought about.  Maybe it was the lighter winds that made it more controllable.  Also the trailing edge on the slingshot is inflatable.  So that might help it not be so reactive.  Also with that inflatable trailing edge being inflatable. It tends to hold water when upside down easier.  Flipping it the way I did was a quick and easy way of removing that water.  Still experimenting with it.

I do not recall my board getting in the way of rotating the wing. Not anything meaningful.  Sitting or kneeling on it, the nose would hit it and I just shifted my weight to put the nose under water and get the wing closer to me. Not an issue at all but I remember doing it.  I am talking about after I have flipped it if that is what you are asking.  Once I flipped it, I think I just grabbed the trailing edge a rotated it hand over hand to the leading edge and then to center.  But as I was grabbing the leading edge, the wing would become lighter with a little wind under it.

Pono,  I think I understand what you are saying and I will have to try next time i get a chance to get out and see what happens.

I also wondered if it may be better to have a leash on a wing tip to flag it out easier, but quickly shot that idea down with having to switch wing positions.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Shared Knowledge for beginners
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 08:00:35 AM »
Ninja,

I hear you.  You are 100% right about factoring in the wing design.  A lot of these little details that smooth out the process are very wing specific.  Just in the wings that we own some of these little motions that we have each developed don't translate at all to another wing design.  All of these wings look fairly similar at first take but they are actually pretty radically different.