Author Topic: Naish 2017 Hokua 7'8 Carbon Pro  (Read 2141 times)

wavekook

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Naish 2017 Hokua 7'8 Carbon Pro
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:49:50 PM »
Hey everyone, howz it from NZ, I've asked this same question over on the Breeze but has anyone seen/heard about/rode this board? Seems like a classic below radar board, my friend Google only reveals ads for this board but no feedback whatsover. Closest indicators I guess would be Mad Dog reviews. I'm 82kgs and currently ride a Hypernut 7'2 in 1 - 4 ft beachies. I love the nut, its so fast, mobile, and chuckable but I'm starting to want a more vertical bottom turn and to be able to bury the rail, as well as have a little more glide to get out through the impact zone when its bigger. So a more traditional performance shape. Thing is, I've become addicted to the low/no swing weight of the stubbie so want to keep length to 8' or less. Looking at sticks like SB Pro 7'7 or new Starlite 8' x 28, Sunny Flow 7'10, Jimmy STech 7'10, Deeps and so on (wish Infinity was available here) and then this Naish pops out of the woodwork. So any experience or comments and how is the new construction working out for Naish? Have to say the PVC wrap speaks to me and gives comfort. Cheers

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Naish 2017 Hokua 7'8 Carbon Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
So I have not tried this board..I think I have the same addiction as you. The 7'8'' looks killer. If I was your weight I'd definitely be interested.

I used to own the older versions that were slightly wider, but it excelled in any kind of beach break type wave, and the turn radius was insane..I can' even imagine what this one will be. How about you get it and tell us :-)

wavekook

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »
Ha ha! Nice response, if I push the button on it I'll certainly provide some feedback here. Cheers

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
Ha ha! Nice response, if I push the button on it I'll certainly provide some feedback here. Cheers

It's what someone wrote to me when I asked about feedback on the Mad Dog....so I have that board now. The outline of that board is the best I've seen...so I am excited if not a bit tentative as I am waaay over the weight limit on it haha.

I am still waiting for a greenlight from my doctor..aaaarrrggghhh :/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal