Author Topic: SUP Photos  (Read 73872 times)

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Photos
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
Haleiwa
I just took the board off the car and set it somewhere convenient. It looks staged, but not. It's just how damn fantastic everyday moments can be in HI.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »
Yugi,

Awesome shots! No castles here. Wanna see more of things I haven't seen!

Mahalos!!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2017, 06:15:12 PM »
More castles here in the US than anywhere else in the world, if you count White Castle,  mmm... ;D. Crap, I think I just threw up a little.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »
Yugi,

Awesome shots! No castles here. Wanna see more of things I haven't seen!

Mahalos!!

Yeah, Yugi, those shots on the river in France are fascinating.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »
And so much for one of the best SUP photo threads on the Zone, went from beautiful SUP photos, to pics of folks catching waves, to hey look at the boards I have for sale, thanks for ruining a great thread Wardog !!!!

Sorry Eddie, you starting something wonderful but someone had to come along and hijack it for their own self interests.

Yup I said it and I know many of your where thinking it!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Wardog post and it isn't the first time I felt a thread was hijacked.  Wardog you make some great shapes, take some nice photos and videos, but sometimes you need to leave the business behind. By now most of us long time Zoners know you own a SUP company..me included and I think you make some of the best travel bags out there ( I own two) but I do get a little tired of seeing photo after photo after photo of your different shapes in a thread that has nothing to do with SUPSports.  I believe there is a Marketplace thread and also classifieds where we can go when we want to see what's for sale...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:19:39 PM by Caribsurf »
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

nj_sup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
My favorite spot to go for a paddle. Blessed to be a 1/2 block from my house.....beauty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mike
Fanatic 9'5" Allwave
Fanatic 9'10" Allwave
Fanatic 12' Ray Wood Edition
KeNalu Ho'oloa 95 paddle

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:14 PM »
Oh, a couple of bumps there but now we're back to the nice photos. Some really gorgeous, I wanna paddle there too stuff.

Thanks to all making the contributions in the spirit of this thread. It's gonna be a keeper, doing the deal of sharing the stoke.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »
More favorite mornings. Huge lake all to ourselves  :)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2017, 06:44:21 AM »
And so much for one of the best SUP photo threads on the Zone, went from beautiful SUP photos, to pics of folks catching waves, to hey look at the boards I have for sale, thanks for ruining a great thread Wardog !!!!

Sorry Eddie, you starting something wonderful but someone had to come along and hijack it for their own self interests.

Yup I said it and I know many of your where thinking it!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Wardog post and it isn't the first time I felt a thread was hijacked.  Wardog you make some great shapes, take some nice photos and videos, but sometimes you need to leave the business behind. By now most of us long time Zoners know you own a SUP company..me included and I think you make some of the best travel bags out there ( I own two) but I do get a little tired of seeing photo after photo after photo of your different shapes in a thread that has nothing to do with SUPSports.  I believe there is a Marketplace thread and also classifieds where we can go when we want to see what's for sale...

Here's the irony, Don...I started posting images of standup paddling online over a dozen years ago...back when it was referred to as "beach boy surfing"...a Google search of "standup paddling" back then returned results about comedy and kinky sex...;-)

A couple of years later...Summer of 2007...I met Admin (Randy) on the beach at Laniapoko after a standup sesh and he invited me to post on a new forum that he was starting...we actually met online...on the Hot Sails forum several years before that...but, I was too busy developing boards and products...opening a dedicated standup paddling retail store...etc...to join in until Feb., 2009...

After that,  I became a site sponsor to help support this site and the sport...and, I write checks for a couple of hundred dollars a month towards that effort...so, in my mind...it's the Admin that makes the rules here...telling me where, what, and how much I can post...etc...

I don't think that too much "free" SUP photo content is what's wrong in the world...or, even worth bothering about...;-)

I didn't post until the third page of this thread...and, then it was the higher rez versions of my thumbnail sized avatar animation...in focus SUP surf shots taken with a $5K lens and a $2.5K camera...hardly hijacking...or, ruining the thread...in fact, very few of the logos on my boards in the pics are even discernible if you didn't connect me to the images...the bottom shot of BW on page 4 was taken by a pro with a $50K+ camera...again, great content for free...

So I'm "guilty" of the sidebar I had about Woody and the flame boards...which are also featured on a low rez side panel banner ad to the left of the page...a photo of Woody on that board was also in one of the standup mags not too long ago...so, there was still some relevance...YMMV...

Standup paddling in "Painted Cave"...Channel Islands, California...pioneering SUP cave paddling back in the day...

https://youtu.be/gRjI5blUgmg
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
So many good ones from the CCBC but this captures the journey pretty well......

Whatever floats me

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »
Stoneaxe preparing for battle with his old ride in the 2013 SUPathon....
Whatever floats me

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
Nice thread
My favorite so far is Yugi's downwinder page 4
Adding one for texture of the wave...
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »
Somewhere South of the border today...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2017, 03:29:45 AM »
I call this "Confidence."  If you zoom in Haley is actually looking down the line planning his next move. 

AWESOME!  Beware the back toe.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2017, 03:34:05 AM »
In 2009 this was one of the biggest waves ever surfed, much less SUP'd.  This was back when SUP's, Haley Fiske, Ian Wallace, Laird and Dave Kalama were catching bigger waves than PRONE surfers because they were faster.  Soon the prone surfers would rely on longer boards to keep up. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal