Author Topic: Anyone want to trade my Naish Nalu 10'6" x 28" for their 10'6 x 30"?  (Read 3083 times)

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have a 28" wide Naish Nalu 10'6", and its just a hair too short for me. I weight about 210# and the main place I like to use it requires a long paddle. I'm guessing I'll get used to it eventually but I'm a big believer in having more board than you need rather than less. (Don't get me started on how short fat skis made skiing fun again).

Anyway I thought I'd throw this out there in case someone has a 10'6" x 30" Nalu that they might want to downsize from? Mine is in great shape but yours doesn't have to be.

I think the 28" width is great once on a wave, and its a Ferrari on the flat water. But it dunks me a good 8x a day when there's some bump.

Will consider other trades too.

If you'd prefer to use email, I'm at wrybread at gmail dot you know what.

I'm near Petaluma, CA.

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone want to trade my Naish Nalu 10'6" x 28" for their 10'6 x 30"?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
Whoops, I meant to say my current board is too *narrow* not too short.

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »
Well ha, I stumbled on this old post of mine when looking for info on this board, and since it's the first google result I thought I'd update it with my current thoughts.

I wrote the above about 5 years ago after having a bunch of problems with the 28" width. I think the words of the seller were always haunting me, apparently it was his daughter's board and he was sure I couldn't handle it. And just as I was starting to get the hang of it I snapped it in two. A funny sidenote is that I brought it to a board repair guy who took my deposit and promptly disappeared. Oh well, when this one snaps I can now fix it myself.

Anyway, about a month ago it popped up on my local Craigslist again and I picked it up for $600 in new condition with a leash and bag (whoo hoo!), and it has quickly become my favorite board, at least in small summer surf. Really fun to work on cross stepping, and has a much more longboardy feel than the 30" wide version of the same 10.6 Nalu, which I randomly have access to. Just night and day board feel.

Anyway, moral of the story is that this same board that was giving me so much trouble 5 years ago now feels rock solid stable to me. And I probably weigh 10 pounds more than I did back then. And I wish there were more narrow longboard SUPs!

oakfish

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
I have that same 28" board.  I have a garage full of other boards, but keep coming back to this one.  Love the way it paddles and surfs.
But yes, that narrow width takes some concentration.....

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »
Cool time capsule story ...
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal