Author Topic: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread  (Read 75335 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »
Oh yeah... Bob's cruise... only eight pounds??? Man, you must have missed the dessert cart a few times.

I totally agree with Pono... right now I am working to try to hit the goal weight because I am impatient and it is in reach...

I am 46, and was only ten percent or so above my goal at the start ... so with aggressively hitting the eating method that Pono, Marcelo, SEA and others turned me onto, I figured (hoped) that I could hit my nut in a few months...

But it is really just a lifestyle change... no grains, no bread, no junk... (I know, easier said than done... hence the home made mixed nut jar in the car)...  the rest pretty much takes care of itself (I hope...).

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

longboarder1973

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
Aloha Everyone!

The scale works in mysterious ways...I didnt do much different this week, but had positive results...

Start.....................270
Last (3) weeks.....255 ish
Today..................252!

Good luck to all!  Stay safe and away from the beaches and harbor this morning!

Rick

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
Rick,

Congratulations!  It's funny, the scale, the intestines, all that stuff... as long as the trend is not upward... it is all good... like your trendlines buddy!

I did not have a scale at the place I stayed last night... so I am just going with my mid-week weigh in number of 184... as I have been super disciplined since Wednesday, I am pretty sure that I am not above that number...

Anyway, look forward to how my fellow fat asses are doing this week.

Thanks,

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2011, 10:01:51 AM »
Didn't check in on friday due to the tsunami drama and lack of sleep... but the late night load up (bikes, boards etc) and unload the next day took me down to 182.  Back up to 184 now because I needed some emotional food.  Packing up and leaving your house and not knowing whether it will be there when you return has emotional impact.  But I'm well within site.  Totally into the one day a week fast.    Did a flat water 6 miler yesterday and felt great.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
Bill,

Glad that you are well.  I cannot imagine the carb binge that I would have undertaken if my house and property were threatened... the really wierd thing is that I was completely ignorant as to the whole deal until 9a.m. or so when some alert from a news site that I belong to flashed upon my screen.  Must have driven right by the Tsunami alert signs at Dana Point (literally on the corner) on my way to work... I think that I was listening to music and psyching about my work day ahead... wierd to be so disconnected.

Again, good to see that all is well with you Bill.

Tim

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2011, 07:39:28 PM »
At the Carter House again... avoiding the scones, cakes and bread... hitting the duck and flourless chocolate cake hard!  The duck harder than the flourless chocolate cake... :)

Did a quick weigh in at local health club after the evening run bcz not gonna be able to do it in the a.m.

Start 200.2, goal 180

Last week 184

Today 182 (on fancy doctor type scale) ... I knew that the scale in the room that clocked me in at 175 was wrong... the mirror doesn't lie.  Gonna revise the goal to 175, though... because I probably have 7 around the middle rather than 2.  I may have already said that in an earlier post...

Didn't do any fasting this week, in fact went out to lunch one day for new employee first day... trying to figure out how to taper from the "dieting" aspect of primal eating to the regular "eating" part of it... doesn't seem like there is too much difference between the two, however...

longboarder1973

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »
Hola,
Start.....................270
Last week............252
Today..................250!

Hey Tim, congrats!  I have also been wondering about transitioning from being a sissy about my intake and getting back to "normal".
However, I think maybe watching the calorie intake WILL be the new normal.
Not sure what my overall goal is...at first I thought 245, which would be a 10% drop from the start.  But now, I am kinda thinking I will keep on keepin' on for a while, maybe until summer and see how it goes.
I did celebrate this morning and got a great breakfast burrito from Donut World!!!  I reluctantly skipped getting a donut though.

Thats all I got, I am out!
Rick

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
Holy shit Rick... 250...

You are on fire.

I will admit that the pastry tray at the Carter House may have been tagged on the way out... It's all good though... If you are gonna cheat, the fresh made pastries at C H are the way to go... Either that or the burrito at donut world!

Back on it with a piece of fresh salmon for lunch... Probably my face home made power shake for dinner... And a pre surf power ball ?.. Thanks for the recipes marcello and SEA...

Keep it up brother!

Btw, might be letting my old school bark 18 go for cheap.  Making room for a vehicle... Let me know if u r interested... I know u were without a ride for awhile.

Tim

boardshorts

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
Down 9lbs in 7 weeks.  Got on the new naish glide this weekend for a nice downwinder.  Water 40 degrees, air 40 degrees.

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
Looking good guys...i do think that you guys are too worried about loosing the weight quickly and that is why it's stressing you out a bit.

I have been loosing very little weight weekly but the thing is that, i am losing, and that is what matters the most (to me).

I started this way of eating because it is the most stress free way i have ever tried...

Keep it up tho, you guys a rocking!

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »
Marcelo,

Great point!  It is so totally stress free. 

Didn't want to make a shake this morning so I whipped up steak and eggs... with bell peppers, tomato, avocado and Mayan onions... all left over from the salad I made for dinner on Sunday.... the steak was already cooked a couple of weeks ago... and I froze the rest in single serving bags for when I was in the mood for steak and eggs... Start to finish to clean up, maybe twenty minutes...

As to trying to lose the weight quickly and getting stressed out ... yes and no.  Yes, I would rather hit 175 this month rather than next month (looking to get South of 180 on Friday!!!) ... but not so much that I am going to be a freak.  Split a blackberry cobbler for dessert with the wife on Saturday night... (at Wildfish in Newport... super good fish place)... even ate the crust... and the ice cream that came with it.  I even had a piece of bread with dinner... had to finish soaking up the miso sauce that the Seabass came in... BUT during the week, and for most of the weekend, I am eating pretty Primal.

I find that if I set a goal, and announce the goal, I have sufficient pressure to hit the goal.  Something about the penius... (ht Pono) The great thing is that I really don't feel like I am on a "diet" ... I am just approaching eating differently... and pretty satiated most of the time.

I owe it to you (and a few other people) ... you guys turned me onto this approach and I have never been more comfortable while losing weight.

Can't wait to hit my goal weight, then figure out what my daily intake should be to maintain.

Tim

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »
OK folks...I'm just now joining this thread. I'm doing it so I can be accountable to all of you, because if I rely on being accountable to only me, I have a much lower confidence level. Here are my numbers.

Age 55
Height 6'3"
Weight 205

Here's what I'm doing. Started using the Concept II ergometer and plan on rowing 5-6 days per week. After getting reacquainted with the machine and my technique (it's been a few years since I used this excellent training device), I just started doing one 30 minute piece per day. First 30 minute piece resulted in 5820 meters which is a 2 minute 34.6 second pace per 500 meters. I'm shooting for sub 2:30 per 500 meters on my next 30 minute piece tonight. That will get me to 6000 meters. The goal is to keep trying to improve that pace and distance. I'm doing a supervised strength training program 3 days per week with free weights, kettlebells and machines.

Once water temp here gets to above 50, I will be substituting indoor rowing for lots of paddling.

As for diet... pretty simple. All but eliminating white flour, starches (carbs). Breakfast will be egg whites with veggies and green tea, lunch is a salad with some shredded chicken or turkey, dinner will consist of a piece of fish or poultry with some raw spinach, arugula, carrotts, etc. Snacks during the day will be carrott and celery sticks, almonds, apples, blueberries.

Goal is to get to 190-195 by Memorial Day.

I'll submit my weigh in on Fridays if that's the protocol.

Thanks for reading.

boardshorts

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
I believe the concept II is the best off-the-water workout you can get.  The only problem is to keep from getting bored over the course of several weeks!  Good luck.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
Good luck Sideshore... with that workout, I imagine you can get all Michael Phelps on yourself...

Be strong!

Tim

jwcb

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »
Good Friday morning.

Jan. 4:  241.4 lbs.
Goal:220 lbs. w/in 60 days

Today 221.6 lbs - missed it by 1.6 lbs and 21 days.   ;D

But still headed in the right direction.

Keep it up everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal