Author Topic: Barrelled at Westport, WA  (Read 9081 times)

Glenn B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Barrelled at Westport, WA
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 09:57:39 AM »
bts -

The 2 mils of rubber in my suitcase was in anticipation of SoCal waves this weekend.  I'm hoping that my recollection from this past April/May is correct - when I broke out that almost new short sleeve Excel chest zip in roughly 60 degree water in Maryland.  I was quite comfortable then - which gives me some hope that the advertised 59 degree water at Westport, WA will not be too brisk.   But then again, the water temp last winter at my home break hung down around 33 degrees for four to five weeks, and warmed VERY slowly this spring.  So by late April/early May when we finally saw water temps approaching 60 degrees, it seemed like a heat wave.  Not so acclimated to the cold now, I'm sure.

Still hoping to find a decent SUS to ride on some clean overhead waves today!  Plan B might have to be a prone board rental, in which case 2 mils of rubber won't feel nearly so toasty. . .     

Glenn B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »
IOPSailor - thank you!   

SCruzSUPr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 06:29:01 PM »
and I stayed on long enough to duck down into it. Sort of like entering the green room by the back door. I was pretty happy about it. Still am.

You got the right.  You were there.  We ain't watchin' from the beach yet.  Love that stoke.
10' x 32"        Bill Foote  Triton
9'5" x 31"       Sunova Speeed
11'2" x 32"     Bill Foote 'Geezer Sled'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal