Author Topic: New to the forum and Paddle surfing  (Read 3324 times)

6inall

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
New to the forum and Paddle surfing
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:43:26 AM »
Hello to all,
 I am new to this forum and Paddle surfing as well. I have been reading a lot of posts in the Shape Shack looking for info on making my first SUB. I live in St.petersburg,Florida where it is very flat for surf quite often, so it(SUP) seems like a good sport to get into. I know of a few people around my area that are out paddling every chance they get, so their enthusiasm has helped me get stoked about it as well.

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum and Paddle surfing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
You've found the right place to ask questions- lots of good people with solid information. Get a board and paddle now, you won't regret it!

John

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »
Welcome......My 12'6 Starboard is a great cruiser. Lots of other great cruisers available as well. Brother Bill is posting the results of the board showcase on Ke Nalu ( http://www.kenalu.com ) if you're interested in relevant unbiased info.

I've been thinking of building a fishing focused SUP for awhile now. Biggest problem is the size of my shop doesn't make building a 12'+ board feasible. I may end up just adapting an old windurfer to a fishing machine.

Once you start you'll be hooked....it's been 7 months for me and all I can think about is getting onto the water.

if you are looking to build a wood board here's a great resource
http://www.grainsurf.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=031c11002e8b13e1c8d3a8f85669f20d
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:20:50 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

6inall

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 04:36:01 AM »
Thank you both for the welcome. This is definitely the right place for the info I need to get going. Seems a lot of folks here are in Hawaii, that is so awesome, hope to one day make it there myself. Thanks again.

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 07:04:24 AM »
Aloha!

You have found the right place to ask questions about SUPing.  I've just started SUPing a couple of months ago here in San Francisco.  Everyone has been really helpful to me here at this site.  You can go to the gear place and ask away.  I've got advice from where to paddle to what paddle to buy there!  Good luck and rememeber to surf with respect and aloha where ever you go!  It makes it more fun that way!! ;D

Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal