Author Topic: How do you store your SUP's?  (Read 164477 times)

prskiller

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do you store your SUP's?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »
Just built this rack setup for my sup.  Metal closet rod ends and rod witha pvc roller system.

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
Cool idea & it covers up some of that popcorn ceiling!   Now if I can talk the wife into letting my bring my 14' board in to the house....

Method

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 08:51:51 AM »
I like the 'hanging racks' but bamboo grows like a weed here so I put all our boards on Bamboo racks

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »
These aren't mine but I used this as an idea to make mine like this in my garage.

kseal3

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »

It's great to check out everyone's input and different ideas in storing our prized boards.

chinglespeed

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
don't have pics on this computer, but I set my board on two bicycle hooks, after modifying them with a pair of channel-locks to better match the contour of the rails. (screwed the hooks into the studs and then re-bent the curves on the hooks in place). This setup makes for easy racking and holds the board fairly close to the wall (fin out). Cheap and easy! i'll post some pics when I get home if anyone wants.

thanks to everyone who posted pics, they're fun to look at.

creepyskier

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »
Hawaiian Gun Rack - reasonably priced & it works awesome

PT Woody

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 04:18:04 AM »

prskiller

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »
Nice storage Woody.  What is that white, blue striped board behind the paddle?

PT Woody

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 02:12:10 AM »
Nice storage Woody.  What is that white, blue striped board behind the paddle?

The white with blue stripes board is a Kahuna Creations skateboard. Alongside the board you will see 2 x Big Sticks also from Kahuna. This kit is for Street SUP.

http://www.kahunacreations.com/longboards/beach-boards/beach-board-blue.html

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
The vertical rack is for the Bark 14, Laird 12 (Big Red aka teaching board), 11'6" Takyama and the Wingnut 11. The horizontal rack is miscellaneous windsurfing and surfboards with some kayak and Hobie Cat gear mixed in. Both racks are hand made and equipped with a crude but fairly effective locking system. This is nothing compared to the garage. I'll post the garage pics in the next day or so.

heydorn

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
My setup is much like DJ's, but rigid and mounts the boards flush to the ceiling rather than against the wall. Had to be rigid because the boards and rack fit just above the garage door and behind a set of drop-down attic stairs and there is minimal clearance when everything is open. There is room above and next to the boards for paddles, PFDs (hanging from paddle to dry off in the pics) and other assorted gear.

Just used some scrap 2X4, shaped into brackets, bored a few holes for some PVC, mounted to studs, slipped in the PVC, and covered PVC with pipe insulation. Total cost was under $10. Not pretty but works great. The best part is that it uses space that is otherwise wasted in most garages.

NathV4

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »
Does anyone here live in an apartment, and not on ground level? I'm living part time in North Vancouver, in an apartment, second floor and don't have a lockable garage. I can store my board at work for now, which is a bit of a pain as I have to store it high which includes a 12' ladder climb with a 12'1" board. I am going to make a pulley system from the ceiling of my verandah to get my board upstairs as it doesn't fit in the stairwell or elevator. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has done a similar thing?
"Dad, you were like a father to me".

SEA

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »
Built on the back of my Garage 20 feet long 5 feet wide and insulated . Ive got a F-16 v2 and a 12"6 bark in there now as well as these two Naish's  in there.

prskiller

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 02:38:40 AM »
Built on the back of my Garage 20 feet long 5 feet wide and insulated . Ive got a F-16 v2 and a 12"6 bark in there now as well as these two Naish's  in there.
Now that is cool, you even got room for the bowling pins. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal