Author Topic: cabrinha SUP  (Read 5079 times)

brian_s

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
cabrinha SUP
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »
Anyone have any experience with these?  I have searched the archive and only found a few comments, but no real reviews etc.  I am considering the 11'6" as a do it all board for 95% lake and 5% surf.  Construction seems sound.  Looks are ok.  Price is right ($999).  Thoughts?  Opinions?

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:56:15 AM by brian_s »

hokiesax

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: cabrinha SUP
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
We just bought the 9'8" and two friends just bought the 10'6" .  I'm 165lbs and the 9'8" was a great 2nd board as my focus is surfing.  Still is just fine in flatwater.  The boards are a great deal, excellent, durable construction.  We were extremely impressed with them for the price.  Other experienced riders in our area think the 9'8" is one of the best surfing boards out there, but still has some width for stability.  One of my friends got the 10'6" as their first board and they are very happy with it.  He is over 200lbs, so unless you are significantly heavier than that, you might want to go for a 10'6 instead of the 11'6...although in flatwater the extra foot would give you more glide.  But It's also an extra foot and weight you'd have to lug around.  Let me know if you have more questions.

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: cabrinha SUP
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
Haven't ridden the 9'8", but saw it in a shop yesterday for the first time.  I really like the shape from the nose down through the rails.  The tail is fairly full, but doesn't look like it's overly so.  It did seem pretty heavy, especially when I picked up the 9'6" Naish beside it that had similar dimensions.  Do have to say that Naish is crazy light.

Thge Cabrinha was also discounted at the shop I looked at <999.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal