Author Topic: Home made double paddle bag  (Read 2417 times)

Allan Cheateaux

• Sunset Status
  • Enhance you open ocean existence!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - allancheateaux@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Home made double paddle bag
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »
So I found a 1 yard remnant of black cordura at Jax (sporting goods store here in Nor CO) and picked it up, figuring it would be good for something. With a trip to Sayulita coming up next month, I was without a way to get my one piece paddle s down with me and 2 ULI's. What I needed was a bag i could throw a Bass Pro Shops sticker on and fly for free as "fishing gear", but looking turned up not much...

Wait, didnt I buy some Cordura a little ways back???

Ive been sewing up gear for awhile now on my 1950's montgomery ward sewing machine. It does one stitch, but that enough for me. So I set out to make a paddle bag...

Requirements...

1. Tough outer. It will probably go into my roof box, and is nice to protect the paddles from the other crap I have up there.
2. Hold 2 paddles with blade guards. After traveling, I still want to have my blade guards with me.
3. No descript / generic. Needs to look like something you wouldnt want to steal.
4. Padding???

So after looking at some of my board bags, blade guards to get ideas and assesing my sewing skills/desire to spend to much time holed up, I went with a simple sock lined with fleece. Zipper on the bottom to access the paddles. It scoopes in a little through the middle, but flares to accomadate handles at the top, and has enough room through the middle for the shafts after I put some pipe insulation on them from the Home Depot.

Me likes.

Now I just need to track down the required Colorado flag and a Bass Pro patches and Im set!

If I was to do over again, I would sew a handle to the side and a name/card sleeve to it. But Im not to bothered about it right now.

All in all, it cost me less than 12$ for the material, but 8 hours of my time to figure it out. So if you are interested in purchasing one, $1236.00 US in non-sequential, unmarked nickles sounds fair, plus shipping.

;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal