Author Topic: L. A. Marathon  (Read 1487 times)

markthomas

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
L. A. Marathon
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
Not sure if this post belongs here, but here it goes.  Any Zoners planning on running the L. A. Marathon?  I'm not really training but I'll be there.

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
Re: L. A. Marathon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »
My wife will be doing her 3rd this year.  She runs on Saturdays with the LA Leggers.  The training group really helped her stay on track.  While she runs, I go out and paddle. :)

It should be a fun run this year since the course has be re-routed to Santa Monica.

markthomas

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
Good for your wife, I wish her well. I've got a few marathons under my belt. The marathon is a month away, I better start running. I got a SUP to cross train for marathons, then I started SUP surfing, guess which one is more fun? A lot of SUP surfing and not a whole lotta running.  Hit me up if you want a distance/surfing partner. I personally don't like going out by my self. Why not share the hate with new friends.

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Hey Mark, I will.  I should have my Naish 14' on Monday.  After I get my legs on it, I plan to check out the coast as much as possible to keep it interesting.  Might even enter the Hovie Festival on 4/24.

I was running 5/10k races last year for fun.  I have a group we started called "Team Last Call", since we are usually the last folks kicked out of the beer garden.  I did some damage to my knee last year (2 MRI, no surgery), so I haven't been able to join in the runs.  Rehab and alt-exercise was part of the reason to get the boards.  Now to drop 30# and be a happy camper!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal