Author Topic: 'mitcho' 12'6" race board question  (Read 3698 times)

stevo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
'mitcho' 12'6" race board question
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »
Stoked to join this forum! Does anybody have any detail on or opinion of the La hui Kai designed Jamie Mitchell SUP board being produced by La Hui Kai and also by Surftech? I saw a mention in the Battle of Paddle reporting and am intrigued by the design details; chine rails, concaves, etc.... Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this board.

CMC

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: 'mitcho' 12'6" race board question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
Lahuikai.com

stevo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
Thx for the link, but have been there and want more detail.. I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything about it. I am looking to buy my 1st race board for the 12'6 stock class and really like this design. I am also thinking about the Bark 12'6". I have a call out to Surftech to see if they have any prelaunchand will share anything I hear.

alexv

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »
Hi, I have one. It's a great fast light board.  I've let a lot of friends try it that are lighter than me (200lbs) and they are super fast on it. I've also riden a fair amount of long peeling small waves and it handles really well. I'm selling it because at my weight I think I want something a little longer.

stevo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »
Right on Alex. I suppose I need to figure out the class i want to compete in as I have heard from somebody else that they wanted to go longer than the 12'6" mitcho they had. I'm gonna review the forums ansd see what they prevailing oinion is on class/length.

I spoke with somebdy at Surftech and they said cyptically that they would have much more to say at ASR. We'll see.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal