Author Topic: starboard or naish owners - where is the mast inserts?  (Read 3564 times)

photosettle

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
starboard or naish owners - where is the mast inserts?
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
I'm getting ready to make a final decision as to where my mast box is going to be installed on my 10'2" SUP.  On my friends advice, I think I'm going to aim for the center of the box about 4" forward of center.  However, I was hoping to get some insght from Starboard or Naish owners on how far forward of center their mast inserts are located.  Thanks in advance if anyone has the time to measure this.

lee

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: starboard or naish owners - where is the mast inserts?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
Welcome to the newest sport..Stand up sailing..
I have a naish 12' glide and a naish 11'6" both boards measure 6'2" from the tail to the insert..I've sailed both in big breeze. From 6 meters down to 4.5..
Placement seems very good..If you're putting in a box you'll have a little adjustment...Have fun..
Just checked the pile of old sailboards..from the tail to strart of the box was 5' on everything from 8'thru 9'
Also if you look on Naish's web site you might see if their 10 something is as long from tail to insert as an 11'6"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:01:21 PM by lee »
Livin the dream @LEE's SUP

aircube

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
Hey, Starboard 12'6"

Back hole 6'2"
front hole 6'7"

aircube

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:42:21 PM »
if you're not sure where to put it, put the "back " of the box exactley halfway from the tail to the nose

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal