Author Topic: Naish 10'6" Stolen (Oahu)  (Read 4869 times)

1paddle2paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Naish 10'6" Stolen (Oahu)
« on: May 05, 2009, 04:15:59 PM »
I posted this in Gear Talk but figured I should probably post as its own topic here:

Anyway, if anyone on Oahu sees a typical Naish 10'6", yellow bottom with wood veneer top, the standard grey deckpad with design that matches the deck design.  It also has a separate tail pad with the individual pieces separated from each other.

My board had a large red "Makai" sticker (or each letter a separate sticker) on the nose on a diagonal direction.  Of course, this could be easily removed by the thief.  What would not be easily removed is a ding (repaired) on the rail approximately 2 feet from the nose from the time the board nailed me in the shin at the end of a noseride.  I believe the ding is on the right rail but I can't remember exactly if it were left or right side.  The board also had a series of long scratches on the bottom from a shallow day at Bowls.

There aren't a whole lot of Naish boards on Oahu, and this board is fairly unique now with its imperfections.  If anyone comes across please let me know.

Thanks!
Scott

kurtr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Naish 10'6" Stolen (Oahu)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
Really sorry to hear that, Scott.  I hope you find your board and the scumbag who took it.   >:(

1paddle2paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:12:44 PM »
Thanks.  I'm bummed but not devastated.  For some reason I have a feeling the board will come back.

I included the "I am willing to prosecute" line in my police report.  What is ridiculous is that the board is pretty unique, easily identified and Oahu is not that big.  The cop told me that Craigslist has become the new "fence" for selling stolen goods, so to keep my eyes on that forum for suspicious posts.

kurtr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
If they ship it to SoCal, it should be easy to spot here as well.  Not that I get around all that much, but I have yet to see a Naish at the spots I surf and paddle.  I'll keep an eye out.

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that Scott. I will certainly keep my eye out.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:27 PM »

That sucks...where was it stolen? How was it stolen? Many times the thieves don't really take it very far. I'll definitely keep my eyes open. Too bad though..it is such a sweet board.

A. 

1paddle2paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for keeping their eyes open.  It was stolen from our place in Hawaii Kai.  It was hung in the garage and there when I left for work, gone when I got back.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:03 AM »

holy shit, so someone must have seen it and planned it..I mean you can't really just pick it up and go...

I'd start looking around close by...

1paddle2paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
Yes, we live in a "secured" community with guard shack and security cameras (which may not have been working the day in question...)

They probably had a van or something you could stick the board inside and drive out without the owner seeing it.  I mean, you can't really strap it on the top and go, too easily spotted.

surfcal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »
We had a board stolen on Miramar Marine Base (pretty secure) and it ended up in the house across the street. :o

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »

my buddies kites kept on being stolen..it was almost without exception one of his ice head neighbor...he didn't exactly live in a "safe" part of town the time...actually come to think of it while he was redoing his bathroom they stole his bathtub off his lanai in the second floor when he was away for 30-45 mins...

anyways, see if beginners on a 10'6'' are down by the canoe launch in Hawaii Kai the coming days...
keep us updated though. I'll definitely spread the word.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal