Author Topic: Maliko Shuttle Service  (Read 6616 times)

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Maliko Shuttle Service
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »
Was thinking about how you guys load, stack, stick out windows, your boards and how much safer for the equipment the shuttle will be... 

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »
Noworries,
I think you meant you were thinking how much safer everyone will be  :D.  

Larry,
I'm sure we'll hear many a tale on future shuttle trips.  It's great when you can get a big group together to talk story after a run.  The recap can be as entertaining as the paddle.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:20:52 PM by Chan »

J.Riggs

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
noa
Sunset Status
Good call Noa

Re: Jeremy's MALIKO 14
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2009, 12:32:23 PM »    Reply with quote
Bill,
speaking of shuttle buses, i'm surprised no one has done something like that yet. if the Maliko run keeps on growing in popularity, it's probably just a matter of time before someone wants to make money out of this. imagine tourist loads being shuttled to Maliko gulch, just like they bring them up to Haleakala for the downhill bike rides...scary thought.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
I've thought it over and I think on a big day the Maliko runs are kind of self regulating. Anyone what looks out the mouth, sees death and destruction, and goes anyway will either probably be okay, or will spend the run on their knees praying for it to end (like me the first time). I just hope they know that it's safer on the outside than trying to go to shore because they're scared. I guess we'll see. Are you guys using the shuttle yet?

There are liability issues with giving clueless newbies advice that they might consider keeps them out of trouble. But pointing out the hazards, showing the safer line, explaining about Spartans and Upper Kanaha/Camp One and saying the whole damn run can be pretty rough might be a good idea.

What do the Zone lawyers think--how about that Strand Leper.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:22:37 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

J.Riggs

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »
I'm waiting for the shuttle to offer babysitting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal