Author Topic: hey there - beginner  (Read 4642 times)

big blue

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
hey there - beginner
« on: October 01, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
I recently saw an article covering Stand Up Paddling and shit, I want to try it sooooo bad.  However, I've never surfed in my life before, I am mediocre at skateboarding/snowboarding, but having never surfed in my life, will that be too much of a problem? And I also wanted to know price ranges for SUP boards =] Thanks in advance!

asc7873

• Waikiki Status
  • San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: hey there - beginner
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:24 PM »
I think you'll be able to figure it out.  Just make sure you get some good info on proper etiqitte*sp and good places to learn flatwater paddling and what not.  Get a hold of allan at nui moana paddle surf(you can find his contact info in the manufacturer list section) hes a board builder with the skills and the know how on places to go and what not and he makes boards....

big blue

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:36:25 PM »
alritey thanks man, however it does sound like that guy lives in hawaii....while as I'm in socal =] regardless, I'll try to contact him for pricing info. greatly appreciated, thanks

jayr

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:31:27 PM »
Big blue...here's a great instructional video you may want to check out http://www.standuppaddlesurf.net/2007/10/03/stand-up-surf-instructional-video/

It teaches the basics and dynamics of stand up paddle surfing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal