Author Topic: Our Australian Neighbours  (Read 8128 times)

GizzeeNZ

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Our Australian Neighbours
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »
those aussies won't let me access their forum......is it because I am a kiwi?
Haven't done anything bad on the seabreeze forum lately
Yes I had a problem with my Sunova
Yes Sunova replaced the board
I think that is good news for Sunova board purchasers......the company is selling a quality board
Am a pretty happy Sunova board rider

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Our Australian Neighbours
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »
Seems like a general problem. I still have an active account, and I can view anything on the site except the forums. Maybe they don't like us furriners anymore.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »
those aussies won't let me access their forum......is it because I am a kiwi?
Haven't done anything bad on the seabreeze forum lately
Yes I had a problem with my Sunova
Yes Sunova replaced the board
I think that is good news for Sunova board purchasers......the company is selling a quality board
Am a pretty happy Sunova board rider

Are you now willing to accept Sunova to be your own personal board and Savior?

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 12:35:39 AM »
That's what you get for messing with the Sunova Mafia.  Down undered down under.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 04:23:43 AM »
I'm not a registered member of the Seabreeze site. Just a lurker there. The reason I'm not a registered member is because it is mostly, in my opinion, info geared to surfing and downwinding. Very little flat water paddling stuff, if any, which I do a lot of.

And I just can't get into their new site software they changed to. I liked the old Seabreeze site software much better.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:37:10 AM »
Gizz...  No need to spread your pollution here.  You're playing the victim here, but were the Azzhole in Chief on the Breeze. Things below the Equator seem like a scrum a lot of the time, as Aussies and Kiwis can be a frisky lot, but you were clearly the rawest canker on the forum. 

Had I been Sunnova - I would have had 2 or 3 people look at the board.  The pictures you posted didn't support what my (admittedly limited) understanding of delamination looks like. It appeared you dropped an elbow or otherwise dinged it yourself and poured out buckets of Croc's tears.  Your presentions on the Breez didn't give me confidence that you would likely be truthful.  You whined about everybody involved in the transaction.   

Had I been Sunnova, I would have sent you a large F-You sticker to put over the ding.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
Geez Jim, you're being awful hard on that Kiwi...

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »
I agree with Wetstuff. It didn't sound like a delam or manufacturers defect to me, but rather a typical ding. The rails on both my Sunovas have dings. I can see how someone with less experience with the materials might think it was delaminating. A few better worded inquiries and photos from Gizzee might have made the truth more obvious. Instead, Gizzee took another route, demanding satisfaction and inundating the Breeze with a hundred or more posts. He started threads where he simply kept replying to himself every five minutes to make sure everyone noticed his tirade. It was no surprise to me at all that they suspended him from the forum.

It will be interesting to see Gizzees reaction when his new board gets dinged. Will he claim another delam or realize that it's just a ding?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:34:15 PM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
Gizz...  No need to spread your pollution here.  You're playing the victim here, but were the Azzhole in Chief on the Breeze. Things below the Equator seem like a scrum a lot of the time, as Aussies and Kiwis can be a frisky lot, but you were clearly the rawest canker on the forum. 

Had I been Sunnova - I would have had 2 or 3 people look at the board.  The pictures you posted didn't support what my (admittedly limited) understanding of delamination looks like. It appeared you dropped an elbow or otherwise dinged it yourself and poured out buckets of Croc's tears.  Your presentions on the Breez didn't give me confidence that you would likely be truthful.  You whined about everybody involved in the transaction.   

Had I been Sunnova, I would have sent you a large F-You sticker to put over the ding.

Jim

Nice spunky reply Wetstuff. Although I don't know the facts in this case, your post is what the Zone has been lacking in anything except the Shitshow thread...passion.

Love it, let's keep it up mofos.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 07:41:24 AM »
I was thinking later: How could I possibly comment on Gizz's claim looking at a picture he posted from my internet perch 40,000mi away?!  That was dumb of me to comment.  But... there was one person who did see the board, the dealer.  It took a minute to find his Breeze post;

"I have the board with me - i.m.o. it is an impact/pressure delam , not a manufacturing defect.. i should know the difference by now. Also we offered him a shorter board if he so wished - which he did.

"know the difference by now" is undefined, but it would have been easy to have a respected board repair person give a second opinion. I would think there should be a 'process' pretty much agreed upon by mfr's/distributors/dealers... a predictable process to investigate and honor warranty claims.  Anyone in business knows there are passive-aggressive schmucks like Gizz that make a public fuss, having an effect on the public's perception of the company named.  The internet is a difficult environment for a company to navigate: win-you-loose, loose-you-loose.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
as an aside, the "problem" I had with Seabreeze looks to have just been a coincidental outage. Works fine now.

I generally advise folks (who make the mistake of asking me) to err on the side of ridiculous when it comes to warranty claims. Compared to the cost of marketing, the cost of preventing someone from publically damaging your company is trivial. It's a pain in the ass to give in to some schmuck that is taking advantage of the free podium that is the web to blackmail you into replacing a product they damaged or that is beyond warranty. But that doesn't matter much if you do the math. Most people won't do that kind of crap, so they tend to believe the people who will.

The problem with being pragmatic about facing this is that a manufacturer never knows how many people bypass their products because of those negative comments, but they know what it costs them to knuckle under--both in expense and in outrage. So they make the wrong choice, and suffer for it.

Everyone who has read just the very lightweight stuff in this thread now feels a little less secure in buying a Sunova product--even if you won't admit it, the question is there--will they honor their warranty? It would cost a fortune to overcome that little twinge. 
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »
We do now live in a world of internet published libel masquerading as free speech.  In California, they decided to protect it legally.

It affects all individuals and businesses and opens up new vistas of extortion and ill will, especially toward merchants.

Our legal system, as usual, only presents "solutions" that are generally grotesquely worse and more outlandishly expensive than the "disease", benefitting them mostly.

The best advice I heard about countering the bitter malcontents and opinion extortionists is to pay them off to the extent you are able and counter the negatives with as many positives as possible, without attempting to remove the negative press.

"Standing on principle" can be pointless and self defeating.  The situation drags nearly everybody down to a lowest common denominator of interaction eventually, and gives disproportionate power to a-holes.

I know a few years ago that some internet "review" sites were cited for blackmailing the victims by allowing them to remove negative citations by buying "advertising".

In my own profession, it is pretty clear that many of these public opinion ballet boxes are often stuffed with fake testimonials from the professionals, themselves. 

It seems to come down to the embarrassment of riches of the information age, that there is just a lot of false information appearing real, or promoted as real.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:34:34 AM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Probably the majority of review sites are frauds. Or rather--good marketing. More or less the same thing--especially now. In the early days of the web it was unwise to lie. I advised our clients to be scrupulously truthful in web content, if not in the advertisements and methods that got people to the sites in the first place. People would yank your pants down. Now it would be a full time job policing bullshit in just a narrow set of instances, and no one believes comments.

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
The zone is very lucky to have SUPcheat, PB etc. and our intrepid admins. 

Surfski.info forums concluded a long lasting troll circus yesterday.  I did some research on trolls to cope with my anger.  I'm reeling at the scope of the web/nasty people and the challenges they present.     

Surfski.info has far less traffic and is monitored infrequently.  The shitposter gradually lured in, then frustrated and angered anyone that tried to help.  It grew gradually and it rolled on and on.  We all assumed the admin had been notified...     

Advice, reviews etc. are exceptionally valuable to new ski paddlers.  Info is tough to find.  Us newbies and countless lurkers watched in horror as the experts that help us were tricked and vanished.  It was a bloodbath.   The experts chime in on occasion and their comments are pure gold.  Just magic. 

Anyhow, the mean spirited shitbag took advantage.  It lasted over a month.

Long story short, the admin was notified.  Thread deleted, aggressor punted.

But not before I got very angry.  I wish I had the skills of the smart guys here. 

But I was determined.  I researched the topic of trolling.  I ramped up my ire slowly and linked info on how to identify and cope with... those people.     

In my last post, I dared him to try his shit here on the zone.  You guys would have flicked him after a bit of fun.  I was so pissed off.

http://coub.com/view/sse4v
Support your local shaper

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
It's a viscious circle: we wnated to help the poor guy, but he was determine to abuse. The dead weight has been lifted.

The info you provided on victims was an eye opener. Thanks.

=Vic=
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal