General > Random

surf mat v1

(1/5) > >>

surfcowboy:
It's a good thing I don't live closer to the water, I might build less.

That's a good wife who will help you mock up mat templates in paper.

This one will take a bit. Surffoils, I'll add this to your thread on the other site too.

Got some nice camo fabric that I hope holds up.

PonoBill:
I assume you already know that Wardog sells bitchin' surf mats for reasonable bucks.

SUP Sports ®:

--- Quote from: PonoBill on March 21, 2017, 07:19:36 AM ---I assume you already know that Wardog sells bitchin' surf mats for reasonable bucks.

--- End quote ---

I've been around a shop while a custom mat was being glued up...holy shmoly that's a cheap high!...;-)
I'd suggest wearing a respirator...

http://blog.surfingsports.com/2014/09/mat-surfing.html

Tomo's dad, Mark, makes some pretty killer production surf mats...they work great, as shown by Tomo and himself...the custom 4th Gear Flyer surf mats that Paul Gross made for me are all keepers as well...my friend and long time mat surfer, Kenny Hughes, says flying along a wave on a "trash bag" should be illegal, it's too much fun...;-)

Lots of surf mat evolution over the last 50 years...I never go on a surf trip without one...
My wifey loves mat surfing...another fun watersport that we can do together...

http://supsports.com/shop/gear/krypt-surf-mat/

all~wet:
Oh crap.... I have to get one of these. The sight of a surf mat brings back SO many warm fuzzy memories. Was my first ocean addiction. From the time I could barely stand, my pop, very old school, seasoned sailor, unreal bodysurfer, now very missed, would throw me on his back on a surf mat and sneak into every micro-barrel he could. He then turned me loose in the shore pound at Corona Del Mar and let me go at it. All. Day. Long. Until I was literally purple and cramping with hypothermia. I still have a clear picture of the sun going down, my mother calling me in from the shoreline, "Time to go home!" Me... pretending I didn't see or hear her..... very carefully looking only out to sea, milking every last wave I could.  My Pop then swimming out to get me with a poorly concealed, empathetic smirk. "Alright buddy, wrap it up. Take the next one to the sand." Next Christmas I got a pair of Voit Duck Feet and it was all over.  Thanks Pop... the ocean has been the healthiest gift / vice imaginable for an over energetic A.D.H.D. kid, now adult.

And thanks to SUPsurf for the post / bringing that all back.

PonoBill:
Must be a combo of SUPSports and SurfCowboy. Nice memory though All Wet. My Dad was a fine swimmer too, and most family vacation days were at the beach, where we'd be in the water every possible moment. We called the onset of hypothermia "getting used to the water" as in "It's not cold once you get used to it".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version