General > Random

Double Vision

(1/4) > >>

PonoBill:
Got the MRI results this morning--nada. No tumor, no lesions, no sign of infection. The doc thinks it will clear on it own, but what a pain in the ass. Nice that it's nothing malignant, though.  So I got that going for me.

Probably going to curtail my car racing this year--vision has to excellent for that to work. So I'm reshuffling my shop priorities. I'm going to finish cleaning up, find someplace to store Peyote out the way (probably just stick it in the trailer) and get to work on the Geezer Foil II and the electric TR3.

The problem is with the sixth cranial nerve, either viral or vascular since there's no sign of infection or lesion.  Naturally I've been reading up on the little bugger. It's surprisingly vulnerable, makes kind of a tight 90 degree turn before it passes through the skull, potentially making it more sensitive to swelling than the other ocular nerve.

I'll go see a few other docs and see if there's some treatment that makes sense. In the meantime I'm walking around like the old Hathaway Shirt man--or at least the "might be homeless" version of that elegant dude.

Someone needs to tell this guy that his tie is too short. He probably can't see it.

Weasels wake:
Scotch.  ;)

stoneaxe:
Glad to hear the results were negative. Left over inflammation from the virus? All the spots where nerves go inside the head are vulnerable, some more than others but any inflammation in those tight spots and it causes problems. My tumor was actually pretty small but it was in just the wrong spot...a little deeper in and it may never have caused problems or been found.

Scotch would be good but no tumor found sounds like a Poor Small Boy moment to me.... ;). I don't know what I'm going to do for those moments when the last of my bottle is gone.....lasts a long time when you only take a taste.

PonoBill:

What's with the "poor" business. PSB stands for Professional Small Boy. I uncorked the sixth-to-last bottle last night. Amazing as always. I do think some scotch is in order though. Or maybe some champagne. there's a bottle of Analemma champagne in the refrigerator. It's not Pol Roget Winston Churchill, but for a local winery, it's spectacular.

Bob, you might remember my housemate Richard Fade from the days when I lived in Sam Karamanos' co-op house. Sadly both Sam and Charlie Hatchette==the other loony housemate--have passed on to that big ultralight airplane hanger in the sky--or maybe they're just dead. But Richard is still around and Analemma Winery is owned by his daughter Kris and her husband, Stephen. They make amazing wines and are delightful people. Richard done good.

pdxmike:

--- Quote from: PonoBill on March 13, 2017, 10:21:59 AM ---

Someone needs to tell this guy that his tie is too short. He probably can't see it.

--- End quote ---
I'd guess his wife shrunk it leaving it in the dryer too long because she was enjoying her bath with Dove Soap too much.  Or maybe he had to cut off the end after he accidentally dipped it in his Schweppes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version