Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS Chris Bertish  (Read 4375 times)

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
CONGRATULATIONS Chris Bertish
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:37:18 PM »
What an amazing accomplishment! 93 days at sea, 4050 nautical miles & over 2 million paddle strokes.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Chris Bertish
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:04:59 AM »
A truly great accomplishment yes, but the title in the photo above is a bit misleading. Many have successfully crossed the Atlantic solo and unsupported over the last seventy or so years in all sorts of craft from rowboats to kayaks and even rafts.

Chris was the first to do it standing up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_crossing#Crossings_in_small_vessels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_rowing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksander_Doba

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:48:12 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
Support your local shaper

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
amazing endurance!

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
Def major cray cray.  But kudos for a solo SUP endurance adventure like no other.  Keeping his auto pilot operational was key.  Big credit to his navigation and support crew on land.  Mad props.
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »
I see Lane's motivation for that posting and picture front and center. I think I heard he was going to use Ke Nalu paddles, but it slipped my mind.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:47 PM »
I see Lane's motivation for that posting and picture front and center. I think I heard he was going to use Ke Nalu paddles, but it slipped my mind.

Yeah, it's a pretty good plug  ;) & over 2 million paddle strokes without any issues isn't too shabby either. We gave him 3 different paddles to use for various needs & to keep things a bit easier on his body when needed, so the whole 2 mil. wasn't with one paddle but I know (especially closer to the end) he was really liking the Mana 82.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 12:06:42 PM »
Jeff Clark has been going on and on about Chris Bertish a true bromance. 

Maybe I should walk back in to his shop again and suggest that they start selling Kenalus.  Might make getting replacement parts faster.  I had tried a couple years ago but Jeff was enamored with Ching brand paddles at the time. 

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
That is a very good test of gear! Well done Ke Nalu for that.

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:12:42 PM »
Lane you know that Mana 82 is has been my choice since the first time I tried it. Surf, race, tour - it's tops in every category. I hope those paddles wind up on display someplace special or auctioned off for charity. Looking forward to CB's victory lap and he better win the best expedition at the SUP Awards this year damn it !!!

Yeah, it's a pretty good plug  ;) & over 2 million paddle strokes without any issues isn't too shabby either. We gave him 3 different paddles to use for various needs & to keep things a bit easier on his body when needed, so the whole 2 mil. wasn't with one paddle but I know (especially closer to the end) he was really liking the Mana 82.
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 02:04:18 AM »
Jeff Clark has been going on and on about Chris Bertish a true bromance. 

Maybe I should walk back in to his shop again and suggest that they start selling Kenalus.  Might make getting replacement parts faster.  I had tried a couple years ago but Jeff was enamored with Ching brand paddles at the time.

I remember when you contacted them before & I was actually thinking along the same lines regarding recontacting them. I'd love it if you tried again & would make it worth your while if they come on board. We really need better presence up there. I usually offer a pretty good pre-season restocking deal too so it would be a good time for them to come on board. PM me or shoot me an email (I think you have my email...don't know if I should publicly post it) if you need/want more info.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Bertish is coming to town.  Half Moon Bay this Friday, March 24th 7 pm at the Old Princeton Landing. 

Here was the cover of the Half Moon Bay Review and the related article. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal