Author Topic: I Like the Zone....  (Read 5509 times)

GizzeeNZ

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I Like the Zone....
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
you guys let me voice an opinion......am suspended from the breeze  :)

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: I Like the Zone....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
 That's because we practice apathetic tolerance.

We can care, or not care, for pages on end.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
You can get booted from the zone, but you have to work at it. I got thrown off the Bogleheads.org site. Think about that for a moment--I offended investment geeks. I'm kind of proud of it.

I did notice the Breeze has a profanity filter. A lot of my posts wound up like swiss cheese.  They didn't know what to do with clusterfuck though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:40:48 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:56:29 AM »
Amen. We support all kinds of insanity here as long as you SUP a bit. ;)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 02:49:26 AM »
Because it's my little break from reality. Even in the middle of the day when I've got class after class, I like to come to the zone and imagine myself on a board.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:04:17 AM »

I think if you behaved here the way you did on the Breeze, you might just as easily get suspended.
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »
When I was doing research for my second sup board, I found the Zoner site and lurked on it for quite since I liked the atmosphere on here. I spent a lot of time here gathering as much information as I could to match a sup with my physical limitations to allow me to enjoy both leisurely flat water cruising and also using the same sup to ride the mushy wave conditions which is the norm on the upper Texas coast.

Eventually, in the third week of April 2016, I decided to become a member and ordered my second sup, a custom sup which met my criteria, after the Memorial Day holiday near the end of May of 2016 from one of the advertisers on here who spent lots of time and patience with me answering my questions.

The Zoner site is a very nice site and it is my favorite site on the internet. BTW, I do lurk on the Breeze site, but I'm not a registered member on there.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »

I think if you behaved here the way you did on the Breeze, you might just as easily get suspended.

probably even faster since admin is more attentive here.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »
I like turtles...you Zoners are pretty good too.

https://youtu.be/CMNry4PE93Y

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »

are you suspended for good GizzeeNZ or on a timer?

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
.....am suspended from the breeze  :)
Wow, sounds like you got hung out to dry.

What are your thoughts on aluminum?

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 04:17:35 PM »
I like turtles...you Zoners are pretty good too.
that's where that voice comes from? I'll be damned. I have heard that "i like turtles" over the years on the radio but never knew...just not what I had in my mind.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »
The ZONE is the best. Opinion-ate away!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
The breeze is an interesting place, I go there quite often, I even found some equipment there that is no longer available here in the states, so I bought one from Aus. (windsurf related).
Yes they do have a profanity filter but it's easy to get around it, as Bill has noted, sh1t works as well as fu(k, so their filter is pretty primitive, also in trying to be politically correct, they have a like button, but not a dislike button, so what the point in that?  No buttons are better than that, as in here.
They also have a "heavy weather" section, for all things political or just argumentative, that can be entertaining, and boy are they extremely interested in U.S. politics, Trump in particular, before that, Obama.  They put our "warning politics" thread to shame with their caustic back and forth, I've never posted there, it can be dangerous, leather skin required, no time for that.

GizzeeNZ, I'm thinking that whatever it was, it was probably outside of the "heavy weather" section, but I don't recall anything you may have said to set them off.
You could always try it here to get our opinion,,,,,,,,,,,, if it's not too risky.

Still trying to figure out all the slang they use, got most of them but "arvo" I'm still not sure about, I think it might mean "afternoon".
It takes a quiver to do that.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 04:28:47 PM »
The breeze is an interesting place, I go there quite often, I even found some equipment there that is no longer available here in the states, so I bought one from Aus. (windsurf related).
Yes they do have a profanity filter but it's easy to get around it, as Bill has noted, sh1t works as well as fu(k, so their filter is pretty primitive, also in trying to be politically correct, they have a like button, but not a dislike button, so what the point in that?  No buttons are better than that, as in here.
They also have a "heavy weather" section, for all things political or just argumentative, that can be entertaining, and boy are they extremely interested in U.S. politics, Trump in particular, before that, Obama.  They put our "warning politics" thread to shame with their caustic back and forth, I've never posted there, it can be dangerous, leather skin required, no time for that.

GizzeeNZ, I'm thinking that whatever it was, it was probably outside of the "heavy weather" section, but I don't recall anything you may have said to set them off.
You could always try it here to get our opinion,,,,,,,,,,,, if it's not too risky.

Still trying to figure out all the slang they use, got most of them but "arvo" I'm still not sure about, I think it might mean "afternoon".

;) tis different and that's good ay!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal