Stand Up Paddle > Downwind and Racing

Back in the Hood

(1/5) > >>

PonoBill:
Arrived yesterday with a sick wife in tow. Diane got a virus a few days before we left, which turned into pneumonia. Nothing showing in the chest Xray, but presenting all the symptoms. I got the same bug probably, but for me it's just a runny nose and cough. I'm unloading the truck and trailer today. What a job. Fully 2/3rds of the bulk is dog damage protection stuff. Diane covered about every sensitive surface in the Trout's house with something. And of course the dog behaved himself the entire time. I used to think I overdid stuff until I married Diane.

Good to be back in the Hood. The wind is pretty strong today, and I'm tempted to try to put together a cold weather downwinder, but I'd probably just prolong this sore throat crap. Besides, I'm still only halfway unloaded. If we do this again I'm going to insist on just a truckload--no trailer.

There's snow on all the hills. This is the earliest we've been back in HR, but it's very good to be back. LOVE THIS TOWN.

Tom:
The only thing I can tell you about your Southern California trip is, you should have been here last year, or the year before that, or the year before that,...., or maybe next year. At least you got to have a small sample of Sunset Cliffs.

PonoBill:
I enjoyed the heck out of Sunset Cliffs. That was the best wave I found down there. I think my double vision is from the virus. This could clear up any time and I won't miss it.

headmount:
Stay away from that ice cream shop.  Not good for that virus.  Take oregano oil. 

And start oiling your knees.  You're gonna need them to ride that foil you're making.  Have you seen the vids?  Maybe get a pogo stick.

Badger:

The Hood sounds like a really neat place. How about some pictures? All of these cool places you go to and you never show us what the scene looks like. We need pics!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version