Author Topic: Vibration Machines  (Read 8034 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Vibration Machines
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
I ran into one of these the other day at Sams Club. The Zaaz 20k.
Turns out they are in Costco or Sams Club often. A week here or there then off to the next one.
Wow! Did I bite off on it after trying it.
I never saw one before tho I heard of them about 7-8 years ago. I know someone who paid about 9k for it then. I never tried it tho.
We all buy into our own snake oil to a point and I seem to have convinced myself one of these will be good.
Lots of sketchy Don Lapre like stuff out there surrounding all these so that should tell me all I need to know but I thought I would post anyways.
Anyone got one? What do you think? Would you buy it again or recommend it to a friend or someone in your family? Snake oil and not good for anything?

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Vibration Machines
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 06:48:09 PM »
Exactly what does this equipment actually do?
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »
I'm not sure what sexual position you would use with it but what the heck....go for it..... ;D ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 01:06:18 AM »
I ran into one of these the other day at Sams Club. The Zaaz 20k.
Turns out they are in Costco or Sams Club often. A week here or there then off to the next one.
Wow! Did I bite off on it after trying it.
I never saw one before tho I heard of them about 7-8 years ago. I know someone who paid about 9k for it then. I never tried it tho.
We all buy into our own snake oil to a point and I seem to have convinced myself one of these will be good.
Lots of sketchy Don Lapre like stuff out there surrounding all these so that should tell me all I need to know but I thought I would post anyways.
Anyone got one? What do you think? Would you buy it again or recommend it to a friend or someone in your family? Snake oil and not good for anything?

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. What are you trying to achieve ?

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 03:23:42 AM »
Thanks.
For me it would be improved circulation and flexibility for the most part. I ain't getting any younger and damn if my fingers or feet don't seem to get cold easier. Maybe  I just hate cold more. I don't always have back pain but when I do it is that sciatic nerve and it has really just put me down for the count when it does happen.
For my wife it would be the lymphatic stuff it touts along with increased metabolism and the circulation stuff as well.
Bone stregth claims intrigue me as well.
I not sure how to describe it but it was really something else.
Yeah stoney, of course it crossed my mind.........fooling around on it.......who knows how playtime may evolve but......from the settings I tried at the store that would just really be wild. A bit too much maybe.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:32 AM »
Maybe you don't really want that Luca.  If you look in the history of Kelloggs Corn Flakes (well named) the nut job that created them ran a  modern —for the times— health hustle in Michigan; vibration was part of his therapy.

Over time, likely, the only devices that left consumers happy after use has been a lady's vibrator and the Fleshlight.  Certainly not therapy the good Dr. would approve...

"In the young United States, one of the most ardent anti-masturbaters was a Michigan physician named John Harvey Kellogg. The good doctor was a bit uncomfortable about sex, thinking it detrimental to physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. He personally abstained from it, and never consummated his marriage (and may have actually spent his honeymoon working on one of his anti-sex books). He and his wife kept separate bedrooms and adopted all of their children.

Sex with your wife was bad, but masturbation was even worse. “If illicit commerce of the sexes is a heinous sin,” Kellogg wrote, “self-pollution is a crime doubly abominable.” In Plain Facts for Old and Young: Embracing the Natural History and Hygiene of Organic Life, he cataloged 39 different symptoms of a person plagued by masturbation, including general infirmity, defective development, mood swings, fickleness, bashfulness, boldness, bad posture, stiff joints, fondness for spicy foods, acne, palpitations, and epilepsy.

Kellogg’s solution to all this suffering was a healthy diet. He thought that meat and certain flavorful or seasoned foods* increased sexual desire, and that plainer food, especially cereals and nuts, could curb it.
"

*racial prejudice of the time that seems to persist.

Jim   ...a 39'er.
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 05:47:51 AM »
So that explains my fondness of spicy foods..... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »
If you want something that you stand on and it wobbles...You are at least at the right Forum....just drop 10 liters off your next board

If you are going to "improve circulation and flexibility" by just standing there,
several alternatives may be cheaper and more effective.  Sorry about your back, but wouldn't yoga be a better choice?  Or an inversion table, or a hot tub?

A daily subway ride is probably just as effective as that thing   

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:14:28 AM by outcast »
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »
Or, if your commute is more than 15 min each way, remove your wheel weights... ;D

A brisk walk or slow run might also be a good alternative.  On a personal note Luca, I'm really digging the results of my treadmill-based couch to 5k running program.  My approach to getting back to running at age 55 is also reflected in my adopted off-road mantra, "as slow as possible and only as fast as necessary".  Speed might  gradually improve, but I'm not counting on it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:54:14 AM by Bean »

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 07:15:21 AM »
Go Bean

i like the CFM mantra......Continuous Forward Motion
you will have good days and bad.  just keep doing

Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »
Thanks Outcast!

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 08:09:23 AM »
My dad (who was well known as the absolute worst at picking gifts) bought us one of these for Christmas one year:

For a mere $318 bucks you can lay on the floor and shake those pounds away. He swore by it.  I asked him how much he lost? "Nada. But I feel so much better after I use it."  So does Walmart, sucka.

We made him take it back.  He was such an awful shopper.  Paid list price on a Camry, after we told him we'd help him buy a car.  Add to that 7.5% interest when he had good credit.  Oh and the time shares.  Those pitches are made for dingbats like him.  $40k worth of two weeks in Vegas each year... and he was 82. 

The only thing he did well was the "juke."  Every move I made to preserve his limited wealth, he had a counter that made no logical sense and I never saw coming. 

Much empathy to you executors out there.  A more thankless job may not exist.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:18:25 AM by SlatchJim »

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:14:42 AM »
Well someone I know bought the Soloflex vibration plate a number of years ago. They had a serious nerve degenerative condition which went into mild remission standing on it twice a day. Did NOT cost a lot and was nor positioned as a weight loss device..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
Kellogg’s solution to all this suffering was a healthy diet. He thought that meat and certain flavorful or seasoned foods* increased sexual desire, and that plainer food, especially cereals and nuts, could curb it."
How ironic given that today, telling a woman that your favorite food is cereal is the best way to attract one of them. 

Actually second best.  Best would be telling her that, but saying it in Klingon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:06:57 PM by pdxmike »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »
A lot of gyms have the industrial versions. You could try before you buy. I have a tough time understanding how they are supposed to help. Seems like something that would harm your joints, not aid them. My BSA Goldstar 500cc single gives me a backache on the rare occasions that I ride it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal