Stand Up Paddle > Fish Tales, Stand Up style

New Guy Intro & Usual Question

(1/1)

Fun King:
Hey. I'm a fisherman. I have several boats I use for fishing and 'm thinking of acquiring a SUP. I have rented several times and I enjoy the sight fishing aspect. I would use it mostly in fresh water and inshore saltwater. I like the look of the Bote boats. I am 6' 200 lbs. So, Flood, Ahab or Rackham? I am not aware of anyplace to demo these boards here in northern NJ.  Also, in my search I have stumbled upon the Engle SUP, but I can't find any reviews. Have any of you seen one of these?
Thanks.

Night Wing:
Have you seen this Bote "Ahab" video below?

Ichabod Spoonbill:
There are a couple of Pau Hanas you might want to look at. They have a 11' fishing board called the Big EZ Angler which has all sorts of places to attach stuff. They also make it in their ricochet material which is a lot tougher than the the standard paddleboard construction. They also have a 12' ricochet board called the Endurance which isn't a specific fishing board but it has a huge amount of tie-downs too. They've got all sorts of accessories for fishing that fit the board.

TallDude:
I was just talking to a guy who was SUP fishing in the harbor on one of these http://www.rivierapaddlesurf.com/collections/sup-touring/products/126-fish-on
It looked plenty stable and he had 2 poles, a sit on ice chest, and was about 6'3 maybe 230 range. He was paddling along side me as we were talking. It looked like it glided pretty good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version