Author Topic: Car topping problems.  (Read 1977 times)

Jbrady5555

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Car topping problems.
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:36:18 AM »
Hey guys i got my first displacement board and its not stacking as well as my first two planning hulls did. I put the 14ft displacement board on bottom due to being longer with the shirter board on top. The shorter board is wider though meaning the straps reall arent contacting the bottom board allowing for more side to side movement than im used to. Is it ok to run the shorter board on bottom so that both boards will have mating surface with the straps? Also due to the displacement hull shape it woukd cause the other board to be cocked if that makes any sense. How would you guys stack these boards? Thanks for any info.

dingfix

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Car topping problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
Try strapping the displacement board to your racks. Then put the smaller but wider board on top and run a set of straps over it and round the bars.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »
You can run the wider short-board on top.  This is a pretty common set up.  It doesn't matter that the straps do not make physical contact with the rails of  the narrower displacement board on the bottom as long as the straps are reasonably tight.

If you take the fins off the short board, you could stack that on the bottom but that would be a real hassle.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »
Pool noodles are your friend.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »
Pool noodles are your friend.
Beat me to it.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal