General > Random

Self-Driving Cars

(1/16) > >>

surfafrica:
I'm a big fan of where self-driving cars are headed and what it means for a large portion of society.  The potential short-term effects on jobs is scary, but I'm confident we'll adapt (maybe all the workers who rely on driving for a living can move into the coal industry Trump is re-booting?).

For those interested, here are two impressive demo vids....

TallDude:
Personally, I'm not a fan of driving. The less I do, the happier I am. I live at the beach, so I drive very little. Can you say "chauffeur". Even better if it doesn't talk and take up a seat. A car with no front seat and a bed, all the way to Mammoth. Or better yet Whistler. Forget texting and driving, just bring your laptop and a pillow. Sounds great.

krash:
Wonder how the DUI laws will handle them....

Night Wing:
I'm also not a fan of self driving vehicles. The bottom line; I want to be in control of a vehicle when I'm alone inside itwhich means I want to be "behind the wheel steering the vehicle when it's moving".

As far as I'm concerned, self driving vehicles are "a disaster waiting to happen". In other words, "Murphy's Law". And I'm guessing, self driving vehicles will eventually become a hacker's target as in the IoT's.

Quickbeam:
I also like to be in control and I like to drive. Not in traffic mind you, but I like to drive in most other circumstances. Having said that though, I also know a day will come when age will dictate that I can no longer drive, and I would love to still have the mobility of a car, even if I’m not able to function behind the wheel. I’m guessing it will be a while before that is allowed, as I’m sure for the first few years they will only allow fully functional drivers even in a driverless car. But I can image that one day this is going to be a major benefit to those that for whatever reason are not able to drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version