Author Topic: Wow.. Puerto Vallarta MEX car + board rental.  (Read 3458 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Wow.. Puerto Vallarta MEX car + board rental.
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
I am the perpetual 'planner' ..I've done nearly as many away-trips in my head than got out here last Summer. (crap season) Some flights are too long - some airlines can't take a board - some airlines have no reasonable deals - some places are F'ing dangerous ..it wasn't 'till a recent post here (I think?) that PV held any interest.  (the Canadians-Buy-a-Condo programs on HGTV also make it look very attractive) 

I saw two problems for me: 9hrs flying time Baltimore-PV (about the same time to fricking Portugal..) and the $200 1/W board charges.  Somewhere, this outfit got mentioned as a good place to rent a car.   ..and there was a dead link about 'board rentals' on their home page... Hmmmm?  ...I fire off an email. 

Hola Jim

We have a variety of quality short and long boards available. We also have surf and cruising paddle boards. The surf boards are 100usd per week and the SUPs are 150.

We also have boogie boards available for 20 bucks for the week.

If you let us know what you are interested in we can see if we have it

Gracias
Adam

Gecko Rent a Car
Check out the ALL NEW Gecko Travel Guide:

http://geckorentcar.com/Gecko-Travel-Guide-2016.pdf

Ask us about board rentals, discounted Vallarta Adventure Tickets and Fishing Charters

PV seems to have a large number of breaks, plenty of interesting places to stay and I suspect you can't miss on the food! 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wow.. Puerto Vallarta MEX car + board rental.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
That  may  have  been  me. I've  used  Gecko  several  times  and  they  are  the  best .  I f  they  don't  have  the  right  board  for  you , try  Blue  Coral, also  in Busaria 

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »
Then some, well deserved, thanks Tom. The Gods are clearly cruel; I could not possibly imagine living in Encinitas, or S. of County Line, and still, have all of Baja available.  Jeez...

Jim

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
Wetstuff,

Check out Pacific Paddle Surf at pacificpaddlesurf.net.  Adam Finer the owner is also the Mexico distributor for Starboard and always has the latest and greatest in his rental fleet.  He's located in Bucerius and will deliver to your door upon your arrival or will make whatever arrangements you need.

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
Hey Lalo and Adam are awesome so dont worry about renting from them . I have used Gecko 10 + times . I would ask him what boards he has in stock to see if they are what you want .  Pacific paddle has the best boards in the area which the full starboard line .  It all depends on what you want ? If you are in punta mita, Mictlan surf has a few nice surf models too. 

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 05:47:38 AM »
Thanks, guys.  PV sounds near perfect.  Not as much 'roughing it' as Costa Rica ...and oddly, tickets on American are nearly half those to Tamarindo from Baltimore on Southwest. (SW has one flight weekly) 

Not having to expose a decent board to 'baggage handling' is certainly a plus, and though I loved the Beans & Rice in Nosara, I suspect the food is a lot better in MEX.  (horrible in Panama - they don't cook worth a damn)   However, business has kicked in, and things are again 'complicated'.  Cheers.  Jim

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:00:39 AM »
Hi Wetstuff
I stayed in PV for a fantastic trip at the Palladium in Punta Mita. It is an all inclusive
resort on Punta Mita. There is a surf sport in front of the resort. They do have boards available prone type then.
I had to prove my surfing skills then I was allowed to ride a good board. I scored a good memorable
trip and had coupe of swells while there.
what I liked
all you could eat, all you could drink, wonderful room, daily organized options, close to other surf spots,
no vehicle needed as transport to and from airport was included. the people were great both guests and
employees
what I did not like
you can easily drink too much and eat too much

Great trip

I would do it again
Hope you enjoy your trip.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:57:32 AM »
My (ex) neighbor stayed recently at a hostel in Salyulita very close to the beach and managed to get a SUP board he liked to rent.  Looked packed with people from the pictures, but nice, and he enjoyed it.  The worst part is transportation and long waits.  He said he wound up sitting around for 18 hours coming back.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 07:23:15 PM »
We stayed at La Quinta Del Sol a couple years back over the holidays.  Great hotel and pretty cheap - definitely a surfer's spot.  I'm not sure I would stay in Sayulita - it's pretty crowded there - good for a day trip but that's about it.  We also rented a pickup with a surf rack from Gecko - great outfit.  We rented boards from Pacific Paddle - I wasn't particularly happy with my board but maybe it was because it was over the holidays and their inventory wasn't great (I arrived on 12/26).  From Punta De Mita you can paddle 20min each way to La Lancha which is the one break there that can catch any swell.  Burros next to the Palladium is one of the better breaks when it's on. I caught it on one good day when we arrived but the swell dropped for the remainder of our trip and I had to be content with small stuff at La Lancha.  Definitely a fun area, though I prefer Costa Rica - just returned from a post xmas trip to Negra, Nosara and Camaronal - had a blast surfing a bunch of different breaks. 

Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal