General > Travel, Trips, Destinations

Wow.. Puerto Vallarta MEX car + board rental.

(1/2) > >>

Wetstuff:
I am the perpetual 'planner' ..I've done nearly as many away-trips in my head than got out here last Summer. (crap season) Some flights are too long - some airlines can't take a board - some airlines have no reasonable deals - some places are F'ing dangerous ..it wasn't 'till a recent post here (I think?) that PV held any interest.  (the Canadians-Buy-a-Condo programs on HGTV also make it look very attractive) 

I saw two problems for me: 9hrs flying time Baltimore-PV (about the same time to fricking Portugal..) and the $200 1/W board charges.  Somewhere, this outfit got mentioned as a good place to rent a car.   ..and there was a dead link about 'board rentals' on their home page... Hmmmm?  ...I fire off an email. 

Hola Jim

We have a variety of quality short and long boards available. We also have surf and cruising paddle boards. The surf boards are 100usd per week and the SUPs are 150.

We also have boogie boards available for 20 bucks for the week.

If you let us know what you are interested in we can see if we have it

Gracias
Adam

Gecko Rent a Car
Check out the ALL NEW Gecko Travel Guide:

http://geckorentcar.com/Gecko-Travel-Guide-2016.pdf

Ask us about board rentals, discounted Vallarta Adventure Tickets and Fishing Charters

PV seems to have a large number of breaks, plenty of interesting places to stay and I suspect you can't miss on the food! 

Jim

Tom:
That  may  have  been  me. I've  used  Gecko  several  times  and  they  are  the  best .  I f  they  don't  have  the  right  board  for  you , try  Blue  Coral, also  in Busaria 

Wetstuff:
Then some, well deserved, thanks Tom. The Gods are clearly cruel; I could not possibly imagine living in Encinitas, or S. of County Line, and still, have all of Baja available.  Jeez...

Jim

surfk9:
Wetstuff,

Check out Pacific Paddle Surf at pacificpaddlesurf.net.  Adam Finer the owner is also the Mexico distributor for Starboard and always has the latest and greatest in his rental fleet.  He's located in Bucerius and will deliver to your door upon your arrival or will make whatever arrangements you need.

p06781:
Hey Lalo and Adam are awesome so dont worry about renting from them . I have used Gecko 10 + times . I would ask him what boards he has in stock to see if they are what you want .  Pacific paddle has the best boards in the area which the full starboard line .  It all depends on what you want ? If you are in punta mita, Mictlan surf has a few nice surf models too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version