Author Topic: So stoked...bought a new house  (Read 10084 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: So stoked...bought a new house
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
You could just retitle that "Del Mar Rivermouth" -- the only thing I bothered looking at today. It was almost worth a go. Almost.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 02:45:45 AM »

commit to kiteboard buddy. You will not regret!

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
Congrats Stoney well deserved... you're going to love living near the ocean. I make it a point to drive by the ocean at least once a day it puts me in a mellow mood. You're going to need Jerry Evans to make you a shark sign for your outside shower.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
Great idea.....the point right out in front of the house is where the two kayakers got hit a couple years ago...... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
Home inspection today didn't turn up any deal killers. It was tough going to it though....as I was driving to the house I pass a spot where you can see the whole bay....there were some waves (small) breaking both inside on the shoals and out at Brown's Bank.... :P
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »
Can't tell you how excited I am that I'll be seeing the water there multiple times/day. I've been surprised a few times in there (I was surprised to see waves there yesterday). Sometimes it's really weird....no swell forecast, no surf anywhere else on the south shore on the cams. I head down with my 14'er for a training paddle...and find waist to chest glass.  I found the opposite as well of course, and more often...forecast for waves...but they don't reach that deep and I have to head elsewhere. Always frustrating to head one way and waste water time checking it only to find I have to go to another spot. Now it will simply be on my way and by seeing it more often I'll better understand the conditions that make it work. When it's on it's an all time wave and completely empty.
Bob

supthecreek

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 05:40:50 AM »
Your water time will be amazing once you live by it!
Spare room?

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 06:06:24 AM »
VERY cool!!!!

Bob:  Question:  You mentioned you'll an outdoor shower....curious to hear more about it.  Building one is HIGH on my list this spring as wifey is not currently thrilled that I run through the house to get upstairs to the bathroon in order to un-suit in the shower.  Is your shower 365 days/year?  Do you have both hot and cold water?  Any tips/hints for building greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 06:53:23 AM »
Outdoor showers are one of the civilizing forces at work in the world. We have two in Maui, none in Hood River. I need to add one this year. The only factor working against a nice outdoor shower is that we do have one of the other civilizing forces in HR: A steam shower.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new place around this year's CCBC. Very happy for you Bob. You've wanted this a long time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:07:16 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »
The outdoor shower is nice but I'll need to change the valves on it so it can work in winter. If you want one for winter the valve needs to be self draining with only the handle outside (stem extension) so when you close it the water isn't left in the exposed piping. You also need a place for the water to drain....a bucket works but in this case there is a sump in the basement right next to where the valves are...I'll pipe the valve drains to the sump.

Ya think?....we've been looking for two years..... ::)

You can even stay with us bro...... :), you too creek.. :)

I mentioned possibly doing the CCBC paddler pre-party here to the boss...she said lets wait until we buy it before we plan anything.....party pooper..... ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:57:47 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »
If you're going to get all fancy, add recirculating hot water or a local tankless heater.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »
hmmm, hate to see this thread turn into a side bar outdoor water shower piece....think I"ll start a new post.
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 10:11:58 AM »
Sure if I want to pay to heat water 24/7 that I'll only use for 5 minutes a few times/week. You do remember what I do for a living? A tankless heater would still have to self drain. Much easier...and far cheaper....to just install self draining valves.

No worries about tangents in my threads Whatsup....some of the best conversations have come from hijacks.....I don't care if they go astray.
Bob

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
Sounds like you will be taking the scenic route home a lot. Enjoy!

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »
Thx Stoney...

Geez, the more I think of it I may just go with an outdoor shower stall up against the house and ditch the hot water idea....rather, just run off an outdoor spigot for cold water in spring, summer, fall and supplement with a RinseKit in the winter.  Sounds like the RinseKits will soon be coming out with a water heater option this spring.....there was a kickstarter for the hot water version last year and it sounds like they're supposed ship this spring......geeeee, sorta sounds like the SoloShot3.  I digress.

8) 8)

Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal