Author Topic: So stoked...bought a new house  (Read 10087 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
So stoked...bought a new house
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »
And it's just a couple miles to a beach in either direction...... ;D. I'll be driving past the beach  I call my local break at least a couple of times/day so I'll soon understand when and why it breaks (very fickle and rarely breaks but when it does its all time) Time to get going on my electric bike build. This is going to change my water time immensely....I'm pumped.

Big 2 car garage with a nice workbench already there...can't wait to setup a decent shop. Plenty of room for board storage. Really, really well maintained ranch that's move in ready, we plan on doing over one small bathroom and maybe a little landscaping and that's it...probably add solar and build a greenhouse/conservatory too. We should be moving in around the end of April....zoner house party! And if I can talk to boss into it (not hard) we may do the CCBC pre-party here. Restart the tradition of the 1st year carb loading spaghetti dinner....minus the 4 bottles of wine.... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: So stoked...bought a new house
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
Nice!

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
"Big 2 car garage with a nice workbench already there"

My values may be a bit different because I don't live where it snows, but I'll share my motto about garages.
The best way to ruin a perfectly good garage is to park a car in there.  ;)

Congrats!
It takes a quiver to do that.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Awesome bud, you deserve it and hopefully I'll get to enjoy some surf there as soon as get it all dialed in as well as a CCBC carb load dinner !!!

If you need any help moving or transplanting your Koi pond let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
Good for you man. Good deal. You been watching for awhile.
I'm with Weasel on the garage deal as well. I guess it depends on how big the garage is tho. Never have parked one in here tho this winter I got a golf cart in it that I have to move out if I got to work on a sled or the tractor/blower.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
Garages are for cars?...... ;). It's an oversized two car...my wife will park in there in the winter at least. One side for her the other for me. it also has a good sized storage shed in the backyard so all the yard tools and lawnmower, rototiller etc. will be in there. Plenty of space for my shop even with her car in there. I plan on building a real good cyclone vac system with ports for all my tools so it should keep the sawdust down.

Thanks all....Derek I'll take you up on that though we'll likely have lots of help....moving party!

here's the house.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2-gate-rd-plymouth-ma_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:07:51 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »
Outdoor shower...your getting pretty serious! ;D

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
"Big 2 car garage with a nice workbench already there"

My values may be a bit different because I don't live where it snows, but I'll share my motto about garages.
The best way to ruin a perfectly good garage is to park a car in there.  ;)

Congrats!

haha so right. I'd never let a car ruin a good board storage. My buddy built a level up in his garage for boards, and added an elevator....and ac for the boards.

Awesome Stone, good for you. What's the break?
Did it also have a bomb shelter? ;-) 

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:08 PM »
The outdoor shower sold it.... :D

No bomb shelter....if bombs ever start falling they'll hit the nuke plant down the road..... :o

Tough to even call it a break it happens so infrequently...though I did get Magic seaweed to add it to their list a few years back. http://magicseaweed.com/Plymouth-Beach-Surf-Report/4525/ .
Best timing for it is as a noreaster pulls away or a big storm up in the Canadian maritimes send some swell down.....very narrow window from the northeast but I'm pretty sure the wave on the outside of Browns Bank (at the end of the 3 mile long barrier beach) is one of the longest waves on the east coast when it works.
This is the same beach but inside the cove (nearest my new house) during a noreaster back in 2008 (winds were actually gusting to around 50 despite what I put in the video). I've had overhead glass there on a couple of occasions but no pics. I see kiteboarders and windsurfers there occasionally but I've only seen one other person surf it...shared one of the big glassy days with a longboarder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmZung9fv4&list=PLAB105047D6023025&index=2

My wife and daughters thought I was going to kill myself so decided to babysit and video the mayhem. There are a bunch of shoals between 100 and 300 yards out with channels between....more like a reef break than a beach break which is nice...though you can't tell from the blown out chop in the video. At 57 secs in the video you can see a point of land at the far left. Browns bank starts about 1/4 mile off that point and loops in a big 2+ mile crescent towards shore...when it's working there are 1/4 mile waves there.... ;D. Great striper and blue fishing in the cove too.

I'm the red dot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:48:14 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 02:33:47 PM »
Looks like you bought yourself a nice piece of heaven. Congrats.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
Wow, congrats! Sounds like an awesome pad in an awesome spot! Happy for you guys!

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »

that looks sweet. You gotta start kiteboarding. Super fun...and way more fun that trying to catch waves in 30mph wind.  :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Very cool, dude. Did you sell the old one?

Four bottles of wine would be OK for the carbo loading as long as there's more than four people. And my recollection is that it was five.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
That looks like a fantastic deal (at least by California standards) that close to surfable waves.  Stuff in Beasho and Tall Dude's neighborhoods are all flirting will 7 digits.  Even an outdoor shower... man this place is ready made for a zoner campout! ;D

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:35 PM »
Congrats Bob. I'd be happy to babysit the 18' Speedboard while you move  ;D

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal