Author Topic: Road Trippin' on Speeed - with foil guy  (Read 3489 times)

supthecreek

Road Trippin' on Speeed - with foil guy
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »
Took a road trip yesterday.... ran into my friend Paul, who was putting a foil on a brand new SUP (screwing it to the stick on plate)
He never SUP foiled before, so I threw on my headband GoPro.
Problem was... no one out, good waves and he was learning inside....I had main peak outside all to myself, so not a lot of foil....but I still managed to get him flying!

9'2 Speeed was a blast  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAiprFk8wM

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trippin' on Speeed - with foil guy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:37:55 PM »
Nice, enjoying a wave like that with no crowd. And the speeed was working.

Guy on the foil was pretty stable for the first time.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »
I'm trying to figure out where around Santa Cruz these would work, since they seem to require mostly deep water, non-breaking swells and lots of unencumbered space.

Not that I would even attempt one.  I'll wait for the early adopters for a while and see how many stitches they wind up with.  I have enough trouble with regular SUPs.

Yeah, nice riding on that Speeed, Creek.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 03:07:18 AM »
My buddy put one of those stick on plates on his SUP.

First session he hit sandbar and plate broke. Cheap brittle plastic. T nuts broke out. Board delaminated.

He now has proper dual fin boxes installed. Installing boxes is actually cheaper than doing that stick on plate.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:39 AM »
Nice video. Great that you actually state what the length of your board is in your videos. I wish more people would do that. For guys like me who are always hungry for info, it is the small details we pick up on.

And as always, thanks for sharing your videos.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »
My buddy put one of those stick on plates on his SUP.

First session he hit sandbar and plate broke. Cheap brittle plastic. T nuts broke out. Board delaminated.

He now has proper dual fin boxes installed. Installing boxes is actually cheaper than doing that stick on plate.

Following PB's foil thread(s); I am seeing some parallels with the dual fin boxes. 

supthecreek

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Nice video. Great that you actually state what the length of your board is in your videos. I wish more people would do that. For guys like me who are always hungry for info, it is the small details we pick up on.

And as always, thanks for sharing your videos.

Thanks wingman.... I state model and size in almost every video, just so people can find the info they are looking for.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
I'm putting mast tracks on the bottom of two boards tomorrow--the 11'11" recon for the Geezer Foil (four tracks, two back, two front) and my L41 for conventional foils. My friend Rod Parmenter just got a huge SUP foil from some company he's involved with. Looks really good actually. Plus I have my modified Clearwater kit foil to try. I think my L41 will be a great foil board. Big flat section in the tail.

Creek--there was a time when any long road trip, especially motorcycle--involved some speeed. Or maybe that was speeeeed. Not a brain in my head back then--wot wuz I thinking?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 08:21:20 AM »
nice to see you are wearing a 4:3, warming up there south of the cape? were you chilly in it?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal