Author Topic: Is it me?  (Read 8036 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Is it me?
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:52:57 PM »
Do I smell funny or something....or is it some karmic thing that i have to balance before I get some decent waves. I've been either sick, injured, or both all fall and winter. Haven't gotten wet in months (as you can probably tell from the Trump and shitshow threads). The pictures of pumping surf all over New England have been driving me nuts. I think I'm finally able to get out this weekend....everything is working at the moment anyway. So what does the forecast show....waves all week...slowly getting smaller until they disappear completely on the weekend....... ::)

Ask creek....he'll tell you...I show up and the waves die....... :P >:(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:54:28 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it me?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
it has been that way for me too  but not because of being sick like 8 weeks  of 7 day work week,  ugh.. then when I can go out it is victory at sea  stormy raining etc.  ENDTIMES !!!
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »
I keep telling you to quit being so damn responsible.

"Stoney... there's waves!"
"Sorry creek... I gotta clean the coy pond today"

repeat after me..... "the priority from now on is surf"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
Every day I take a look at the waves down at Galveston, Texas. Today the waves are almost non-existent. The Gulf of Mexico looks like a giant lake with glass like water conditions as far as the eye can see.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:46:38 AM »
It's a combination of the two for me Outside...my company is so busy it's nuts. I'm lucky they let me work from home when my head is acting up or I'd be retired like creek... ;)

You spelled Koi wrong..... ;).....and with some luck we'll have less yard to take care of soon. And that still doesn't explain why it goes flat whenever I do have time and am able. Believe me..I can't wait to have more free time but right now I have to work...and being sick/injured/shit falling apart uses up most of my off time. I have decided this year that I'll simply take time without pay when sick and use my time for vacation and surf days. We didn't vacation at all last year because I was out so much. Now Barabados in a month...if I get skunked there I give up....and I'm taking off around the CCBC so I can enjoy this one like everyone else...maybe even stay on Cape for the weekend....which as you know we've never done.

I don't think I could do Texas nightwing...plenty to love down there but the lack of waves would be too much.....maybe with a wake boat.... :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:23:50 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »
move to san diego!  shit waves every day all day ... at least in the spots i surf, so come hang out near me!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 07:43:45 AM »
It's been a weird winter in SoCal. Other than a few good days with Tom at Sunset Cliffs, the surf has comprehensively sucked. I find myself going out in miserable little 2-4 foot bumps with the wind blowing and the swell coming from every direction. Puny rides, can't get enough power to turn. I have to learn to beat the shit out of little waves like Kalama does.

Oh, yeah. and it's crowded. Small, pukey and crowded.

It's 7:44 and I'm still at the house. 2-3 feet and fogged in. At least it looks glassy. Bah.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:49:07 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

NateNate

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
move to san diego!  shit waves every day all day ... at least in the spots i surf, so come hang out near me!

What spots in SD are you at Linter?

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 08:19:32 AM »
It's been the same for me this Fall/Winter, Stoney. Most of the big waves have come during the week when I'm working, and when we've got a decent swell on the weekend, I've been sick more often than not.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 08:37:43 AM »
Looks like a nice swell coming on Friday, so of course, it's going to be windy. Ten feet on Saturday and no wind. Please, please, please, please.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »
Well to give you an idea of how bad this sucks that cam looks good to me...and I can't stand fog.
Bob

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
Looks like a nice swell coming on Friday, so of course, it's going to be windy. Ten feet on Saturday and no wind. Please, please, please, please.

Great.  Santa Cruz will be coots, codgers, kids and hot shots in massive crowds.  If they can get there, that is.  The roads in and out of Santa Cruz are in terrible condition, and they don't seem to be fixing anything since one union guy was killed by a dump truck on highway 17.

I got in three days last week, which with all the body soreness showed what bad shape I am in with all the rain, flu, and shut in.  Friday had some really big stuff, I don't know what the buoys were thinking when they read 7 ft and the waves looked to be 10+ in some sets, with short period washboard churn inbetween.

Saturday was blown out with offshore wind and walling.  Sunday was pretty nice, but smallish, but crowds with the aforementioned coot convoys and kids.

With the terrible roads, it looks like an extra hour at least to get back over to SC tomorrow from Pleasanton, if we make it at all.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:07:34 AM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »

What spots in SD are you at Linter?

Tourmaline and La Jolla Shores.  Two years ago, they were both fine.  Last year and this year especially not so good, in fact, garbage most of the time.  I just can't figure out how to surf it.  OTOH, some of the local SUP guys seem to have no such problems and actually say the surf has been pretty awesome.  Well, if that's the case, they never better visit RI when it's good, 'cause it'd probably cause em to suffer an instant embolism from the shock of seeing what "pretty awesome" really is and can be.

Man, do I sound angry and bitter or what?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
California needed this rain......and boy are we getting it. Everyone has roof or window leaks where they never had them before. Beaches are eroding away, yet sand and sediment are spilling into the ocean at record rates. My mohs surgery is finally healed so I can go surf, but it pretty much junk out there. Soon enough we'll all be back in the line-up. Plenty of wave in the future.   
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
I sanO back open? Or is it just the long hike from the upper lot. Maybe I need to get a mule.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal