Author Topic: NSP Sonic  (Read 9732 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NSP Sonic
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
DJ, which are the “chalk and cheese” NSPs that you were referring to? Some of the old ones I've found to be pretty tough.

I don't mean it in a hard as chalk and as soft as cheese way.. I mean as in how different the old NSP surfboards and original 11' SUP etc are compared to the newer flat water race boards in particular the DC NSP boards.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »
Thanks. I'm guessing that's a down under idiom? I've never heard it before. I always like hearing new things like that.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

eDUBz

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »
if i pull the trigger it will be the DC Pro carbon for sure
@rf.boardworks

dns

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It's super cool to hear that an old bottom line company has upgraded their offerings to be competitive with the best. Definitely another couple boards to consider when I get my skills sorted and decide to replace the Falcon.  8)

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 04:17:48 AM »
if i pull the trigger it will be the DC Pro carbon for sure
The Pro Carbon is only offered in the skinny models, for the Sonic 14x23 and 14x24.5, and in the Puma 14x24 only.
It's the same for the 12'6 boards.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
I ask this in all seriousness, but does NSP actually make decent boards now? I've owned several of their surfboards and they've all been cheap, overweight, popout, tanks. Good for disposable kitesurfboards, but worthless for any real riding. Same with the SUPs I've seen at the beach.  Have they developed a separate "performance" line of gear or (hopefully) brought up the quality of their entire lineup? The Sonic and Puma look really nice, but given my past experience I never would have considered NSP for any sort of use other than "beater". Has that changed?

Wow.. The old cheap NSP boards are like chalk and cheese different with the new D.C. NSP boards..

https://www.facebook.com/NspSurfAndStandUpPaddleBoards/videos/1273748819373234/

I have a lots of friends with the DC boards and they are state of the art quality designs and good enough for the best paddlers in the world to use and be very competitive on.. The new Sonic is an awesome board friends that have it says it's the fastest NSP DC ever.. It's a very serious race board.

BTW I just heard that DC (Dale Chapman) now has nothing to do with the race boards and only involved with the surfing range like shown in the link above so it will be interesting to see if they loose the DC graphics on the race boards in the future..

You can see the new DC NSP's in my vid from Merimbula at around the 9.20 mark..

thats interesting DJ knowing no more DC input to NSP race boards.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
Yes.. they'll be Alain/Travis designs.. [from what I heard]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal