Author Topic: Quickblade carbon blade vs Vector Net blade?  (Read 4741 times)

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quickblade carbon blade vs Vector Net blade?
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
I must say the top end QB paddle are expensive, however that's not the subject of this topic.

Can anyone please provide feedback between carbon blade & vector new blade on either Trifecta or vdrive?

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quickblade carbon blade vs Vector Net blade?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »
The vector net blades have a little more flex than the all carbon blades. I have Trifectas and VDrives in both construction and don't notice much of a difference to be honest. The vector net blades are supposedly a little heavier but again the increase is marginal and hard to notice. i started using the vector net for surfing about a year ago and all carbon for racing but for no particular reason I've actually gone the opposite direction in both regards and now use an all carbon blade for surf and a vector net blade for racing/touring.

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
I bought a v-drive last summer, from Paddle Surf Warehouse.  I could not feel the difference in weight.  The people in the shop told me the carbon blade wasn't worth the additional cost unless I was racing on a regular basis. 

Stefan

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »
I bought a v-drive last summer, from Paddle Surf Warehouse.  I could not feel the difference in weight.  The people in the shop told me the carbon blade wasn't worth the additional cost unless I was racing on a regular basis.

I think that's a great way to look at it, and it would probably be a cumulative effect I think not necessarily noticeable out of the gate. I have a Trifecta 86 in both constructions, different lengths and I can't tell much difference.... the all carbon has a narrower taper toward the handle which I really like unless I wear gloves... I've gone in the soup a few times slipping on the grip on the catch.
NSP Puma 14' x 24"
NSP 8'7" Wave
Quick Blade Trifecta 86

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 04:37:14 AM »
I’ve notice that the vector net does not have the ABS edge which the carbon version has. In my opinion adds some durability.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 04:07:20 PM »
I’ve notice that the vector net does not have the ABS edge which the carbon version has. In my opinion adds some durability.

thats interesting as I would've thought the vector would be good for surfing because of the flex blade but without ABS edge its something to think about.
If I had to go vdrive way I would race the carbon blade and surf with vector net but not until QB puts ABS edge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal