Author Topic: New addition on the way ... Lazy Boy SUP  (Read 1873 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: New addition on the way ... Lazy Boy SUP
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »
Thx for the data. It's been cool to watch you experiment.

I do like these shapes, I might have to play around a bit when it's time to cut a new one. You've definitely inspired me to go narrower for sure.

I think you called it on the extra volume up front. One of the behaviors I see in these shorter boards is a little dive in the nose when in a chop.

These things do look fun man.

anonsurfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:57 PM »
Thx for the data. It's been cool to watch you experiment.

I do like these shapes, I might have to play around a bit when it's time to cut a new one. You've definitely inspired me to go narrower for sure.

I think you called it on the extra volume up front. One of the behaviors I see in these shorter boards is a little dive in the nose when in a chop.

These things do look fun man.

Thanks.  After finish sanding the Lazy Boy is going to be closer to 80-81L, very close in volume to my Hypto.  It will be interesting to see how the ride and stability compares between the two different shapes with the same volume. 
Home Break: Doheny

Anon Hypto Krypto, 6'3"x27.5"x80L
Anon Lazy Boy, 6'6"x26.75"x80L (Incoming)
Kaysen Buzz, 6'10"x27"x84L

Paddles:
Werner Rip Stick 79 (+0" OH)
Werner Nitro S (+0" OH)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »
That comparison is the hardest thing about this stuff.

Due to the expense of boards and lack of demo inventory in some areas this is hard stuff to get apples to apples info on. We all pass data back and forth but there's a ton of bias. I loved my first board, thought it was the best ever and now I'd probably not even be able to turn it, it would feel like a boat.

Building a few at similar size is really a great way to get more data on this.

anonsurfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
I finally finished the sanding, marked the boxes and sent the board off for glassing. 

Final dims are approx 6-5.5" x 26.75" x 3.90" x 80L.

Basham's is going to do the glassing.  I stayed with my standard glassing schedule: 4 + 4 + 6 deck patch (3/4) on top and 4 + 4 on the bottom.  All standard E glass.    Glassing is going to be more expensive than originally expected but not much higher than Pure Glass (who I used for my last board).  With no color Basham's is approx $80 higher compared to Pure Glass.  Pure Glass charges more for color work so that difference becomes smaller as you add colors (I am going with 2 colors on top).   

Here's a final render of the board, let the wait begin...

Home Break: Doheny

Anon Hypto Krypto, 6'3"x27.5"x80L
Anon Lazy Boy, 6'6"x26.75"x80L (Incoming)
Kaysen Buzz, 6'10"x27"x84L

Paddles:
Werner Rip Stick 79 (+0" OH)
Werner Nitro S (+0" OH)

* Recent Posts

* Recent Topics