Stand Up Paddle > Sessions

Winter Surfing New Brunswick, Canada

(1/3) > >>

novaboy:
Compilation of surfing in Saint John over the past two months. It's been a great winter for us. Typically our surf is pretty small and good swell doesn't come thru that often, but so far we've had decent waves every week since Christmas.

supcymru:
Thanks for sharing your video-I really enjoyed watching it (especially as I've recently bought a 9'5" Striker)! Your waves look like fun and seem perfect for the Striker! I've only had a few sessions on mine so far and I'm looking forward to getting some more water time on it (unfortunately we're having some stormy weather on the way here in the UK so I'll have to be patient!). Any tips for getting the most out of the board would be greatly appreciated!
Hope the waves keep coming your way this winter!

supthecreek:
Hi Novaboy...
Thanks for bringing your waves to us... it looks fun!

Wow, I just looked over the Saint John area, that's way up the bay, it's amazing that swells reach that far in.
It looks like a great coastline, when you fly around the Google satellite view... plenty of potential breaks.

Night Wing:
Nice video. I took interest in how the feet were spaced apart on the board.

Thanks for sharing your video.

novaboy:

--- Quote from: supcymru on January 31, 2017, 01:05:48 PM ---Thanks for sharing your video-I really enjoyed watching it (especially as I've recently bought a 9'5" Striker)! Your waves look like fun and seem perfect for the Striker! I've only had a few sessions on mine so far and I'm looking forward to getting some more water time on it (unfortunately we're having some stormy weather on the way here in the UK so I'll have to be patient!). Any tips for getting the most out of the board would be greatly appreciated!
Hope the waves keep coming your way this winter!

--- End quote ---

The Striker has been a great board. I'm not a hack and slash kinda a guy, more old school down the line. The Striker is nice and stable, and catches waves easily. It doesn't have much nose rocker, so it pearls easier on steeper waves.

The majority of the surf here is knee to chest high so it's perfect. Looking at getting a JL Kwad, or SuperTech for bigger days and my occasional trips to Nova Scotia.

My goal this year is to hang five, and I'm getting close with this board. It will turn pretty quick if you get right on the tail.

Have fun with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version